dos

you checked your mirror for a last glance before leaving. you had a light green dress on, combing your dark brown hair and ran out.

your mom and luna had already went out earlier and just left you because you were taking long to shower. you locked the house and booked it to the center, as the festival was starting.

you didn't look at where you were going and bumped into someone, the both of you immediately falling on your bums.

you groaned and looked up, seeing the guy you just bumped in to. you immediately stood up and said, "oh my gosh, i'm so sorry! i'm really in a hurry.."

the man was too stunned to speak, but held your hand when you tried to help him up.

the guy was looking at you weirdly. "i'm very sorry, señor." you apologized again and ran as fast as you can to the center.

it was kind of hard to run since your house was super far from the centro and to make you even tired, the centro was uphill.

you panted, trying to even out your breath as soon as you saw tons of people.

"finally!" you groaned to yourself and walked, trying to find where your family is.  you saw a familiar light green dress and immediately walked towards it.

"mija! what took you so long?" your mom whispered. "lo siento mama, i was just trying to look good."

your mom raised his eye rows and looked you from head to toe, scanning you. she smirked playfully and said, "my daughter looks so beautiful today. now tell me mija, who's the lucky guy?"

you were taken-aback at her sentence and laughed soon after. "mama, for the last time i don't want a boyfriend. i'm happy with my life with you and luna."

you were pretty locked on to the fact that you didn't want a boyfriend. atleast not yet, because one, you didn't want to leave your nest yet and two, no one has really attracted your attention.

"aw you're so sweet mija. oh look, there they are!" your mom said, looking at the family walking in the center. it was the madrigals.

"buenas tardes, everyone. today, we're all gathered at the center of our encanto, to thank my lovely grandchild mirabel, for saving the magic. salud!" señora alma said as everyone cheered.

"augustín, music please." she said and immediately augustín played music to entertain people, as some of the crowd went and dance, some also went to the food stalls, one of which was you.

you slowly crept your way onto the nearest food stall and paid for an arepa. suddenly, a familiar face walked up to the stall.

"oh, hola! you're from here, right? i actually don't see you very often.." it was mirabel madrigal.

a madrigal.
is.
talking.
to.
you.

'WHAT DO I DO?' you internally panicked as you don't really know how to socialize since well... you're awkward.

"i- umm.. yeah. i don't.. usually go out as much." you replied looking down, trying not to look as weird as possible.

"why is that?" mirabel curiously asked. "i just prefer being inside, i guess..?" you said unsure.

you didn't really know yourself as to why you just wanted to be in your home. maybe it's because you just like lying down on your very comfortable and familiar bed and not worrying about social interactions.

"oh okay. i'm mirabel madrigal, but i guess you already knew that. what's your name?"

"why would i not know the mirabel madrigal?" you attempted a joke and somehow it worked. you made mirabel laugh.

you smiled. "i'm elena rodriguez."

the two of you continued to get to know more of each other and somehow, it felt nice to have a friend who isn't your sister.

you and mirabel hang out until it was almost night. the two of you had alot in common than you thought.

the day went perfect, mirabel and you were becoming friends. but you failed to notice eyes that were staring at you from afar during that time with mirabel.

mirabel's pov. (timeskip)

"mirabel!" i heard luisa shouting my name so i immediately bolted outside my room. "what is it?"

"um, meet me at the front of your room tonight." luisa said before running off.

"umm.. okay?"

a few hours had gone by. during dinner, i looked at luisa who was just eating normally. what did she want?

after dinner, everyone went into their own rooms except me. i was just waiting on the stairs for luisa to tell me what she wanted to tell me.

"psst, mirabel." someone whispered. i whipped my head back and saw camilo. wait, camilo?

"camilo? what are you doing here?" i asked, but before he could answer something in my brain clicked.

"oh! you shifted into luisa earlier? but why? what's up?" i said, sitting back down on the staircase.

"i.. wanted to ask you something." he said, leaning over the stair railing. "and that is?"

he blurted out quickly,

"whatwasthenameofthegirlyouwerewithearlier?"