Fresh Peach

When she entered his room again after calming herself down, she saw him sleeping peacefully. A smile bloomed in her lips. She sat next to him. Checked his temperature, he still had fever but it had reduced. There was this risk of him misunderstanding her the moment he finds her in his house. For him she is an absolute stranger. She didn't know what to do when she saw his phone ringing. It was from his close friend Pranay.

On the call:
Pranay: En da mala maadu, evlo dhadava call panradhu? Un love failure aaiduchuna ipdi dha devadas madiri suthitu iruppiya. Ne thanni mattum dha da adikala, matha padi proper devadas madiri aaita. Ava dha un value puriyama foreign maapla venum nu pona na, neeye en da unna ipdi varuthikara? Mavane na ipove un veetuku varen. Ne en kooda va. Konja naal naama Coimbatore poitu varvom. Ne ipo ena solva nu enakke theriyum. Un veetuku poga venam. En veetuku polam. En da na ipdi karadi madiri kathitu irukken badhil solu da panja paradesi!

Listening to his friend shout so much, she had to keep the receiver a little away from her ears. The moment he mentioned that he is facing a heart break she felt really bad for him. When his friend told how he was behaving, she felt an unknown pain within. When he spewed all those colorful words for him at last, she couldn't hold it anymore and laughed a little. listening to a female voice, his friend jerked a little.

Pranay: He... Hello? Ri..Ritesh ah?
Padma: Anna Neenga idhu dha Neenga modhalla keturukkanum?
Pranay: Yaaru ma ne, idhu Ritesh number dhane?
Padma: Aama anna, idhu Ritesh number dha. Avarukku odambu seri ila.
Pranay: Enna ma solra? Avan enga irukkan? Na odane varen! Un peru ena ma?
Padma: Padharadheenga anna. En peru Padma. Na Inga ivaru veedu pakathula dha enoda clinic irukku. Ivaru veedu thandi dha poven. Pogumbodhu edho keezha vizhundha satham ketuchu. Adhan ulla vandhu pathen. Apo ivaru mayakkam potu keezha vizhundhu irundharu. Na doctor dha anna, adhan naane avaruku avaroda veetulaye vechu treatment koduthen. Ipo fever koranjutu vardhu. Seri neighbours kita inform panlam nu pogum bodhu dha Neenga phone panni unga friend uh nalla green green uh keteenga!

She chuckled at the end. Listening to her story, Pranav didn't think much at that moment and said he ll reach in another 45 mins. She thanked him and cleared his kitchen after making another set of bland diet for his dinner. She then went in to give him his medicine. She saw that he was slowly gaining his consciousness. She gently pressed the tablet into his mouth, which he took in this time without any issue. Though her heart tugged her to kiss him one last time before her friend comes in, she decided against it. He tried to open his eyes but he was still under heavy medication. He could still hear someone talking to him. After a while he heard the voice clear.

Padma: Ritesh, Neenga rendu naal uh jogging varlaye nu dha unga veetu kita vandhu pathen. But na vandhadhu nalladha pochu. Ungala enakku 2 varusham uh theriyum. Ungala pathi elathayum visarichu therinjukitten. Enakku ungala avlo pudikkum. Neenga muzhichutu irundha unga kita idhellam solra dhairiyam enakku sutham uh irukadhu. Inum konja nerathula unga friend vandhuruvaru. Na marubadi thalli irundhu ungala paapen. I know that you have no clue that someone like me even exist! Ennala purinjuka mudiyudhu. You must be so broken to skip your meals. Ungala madiri well disciplined person na paathadhu ila. Ungala oru ponnu venam nu sonna ava dha oru Gem uh miss panra. Ungala edhukagavum Neenga varuthikadheenga! How can you expect someone to love you when you don't love yourself? Next time ungala na paakum bodhu unga mogathula epavum pola andha sirippu irukkanum. Unga kannula andha kurumbu thanamum kozhandha thanamum irukkanum. I want you to be happy forever. Ena pathi ungalukku theriyamale ponalum parava illa. Na thalli irundhu ungala paathute vaazndhuruven.

Saying this she held his hand and let the tears that she held back for a long time to flow free. She spoke her heart out thinking he is still asleep and won't be able to hear her. But what she didn't know was he heard her but still couldn't open his eyes due to the effect of medicine. She gently took his hand and removed the IV needle and kissed his hand. She then bent forward and kissed his forehead. When she was kissing him, her tear drop fell on his forehead and he started to slowly wake. He took in her scent. She smelled like fresh peach. She then pulled back and went outside his room. Just when she kept everything same as they were, his friend Pranav entered the house. She instructed him to give him medicine on time and gave him the diet chart. He thanked her and asked her fees which she politely refused to accept. She then told him to call her if he need something or in case of any emergency. She told him not to tell Ritesh about her as he might feel bad that someone barged into his house. After giving the needed instructions, she left his house.

Next day when Ritesh woke up, the first thing he asked shocked his friend.
R: Dei ava enga da?
P: Yaaru da? Un mama ponna? Ava dha foreign maapla pinnadi poitale da?
R: Dei ava ila da, nethu ena paathukita la ava!
P: (Ayo andha ponnu vera solladha nu sonnale! Seri samalipom) unna paathukittadhu na dha da.
R: ( after checking his hand where the IV was and the bowl of porridge nearby) apo idhellam ne panna nu solriya?
P:(giving thiruttu muzhi-mind voice) Ayayo maathikiten eh. Enna panradhu, seri samalipom.
P: Dei na pakkathula irukkara clinic lendhu doctor uh kootitu vandhu paathukiten da. Avanga oosi potutu poitanga.
R:(giving him a sarcastic look) Idha na nambanum uh? Unmaya solu da, erkanave enaku thala suthudhu.
P: Ayo thala suthudha, unakku ipo completely normal aaiduchu nu sonnale andha ponnu!?
R: Endha ponnu?
P: (face palming himself) seri da aama, na paathukala oru ponnu dha paathukitta. Ne dha mayakathula irundhiye epdi da unakku theriyum.
R: Dei, na mayakkathula dha irundhen, aana ava pogardhuku munnadi pesinadhu elam na keten. Enakku avala ipove paakanum.
P: Purilaye.

Ritesh then tells him what he heard when he was unable to open his eyes. The way she kissed his forehead and how he felt an instant emotional connect with her.

P: Ne solradhu lam paatha ava sonna madiri satham ketu ulla varala. Una kaanum nu thedi vandhurukka. Avlo risk eduthu una paathukitadhu mattum ilama, badhrama en kita vitutu poi irukka! Ava kelambum bodhu una paathuka solli avlo dhadava sonnapove nenachen. Edho idikkudhe nu.

R: Ne nenachute iru. Enakku ipo avala paakanum.
P: dei unakku ipo dha Kannu muzhikkave mudinjurukku. Ne complete uh gunam aagu. Ava number en kita irukku, naama apram uh avala pathi visarikkalaam.
R: seri da. Ne solra, adhunala I accept. Dei ava number koden!
P: Edhukku?
R: Kudu da eruma maadu!
P: Nalla mariyadha. Iru, indha idhu dha.
R: peru enna sonna?
P: Padma nu sonna da.

Ritesh smiles to himself and looks at her whatsapp profile pic. Pranay saw this and said,

P: Dei unakku mattum epdi profile pic kaatudhu?enakku varlaye?

Ritesh's face brightens when he realised the meaning.

P: Ena da?
R: Inum uh puriyala? Ava kita en number irukku nu artham. (With full blown smile)

What will happen next?
Will he talk to her?
Will this instant connect he felt with her, make him heal?
Will she express her love?

---TBC

_________________________________________
Author note:

Please do vote and share if you like my work! 🙏

Let me know how you felt in comments!

Love,
SUHA 🤍