Peek-a-boo

The road was almost empty, with the morning sun peeking up slowly. The cold wind was still making her shiver and hold herself tight. This has been her routine since 2 years. Padma was waiting in her usual spot. Not a single day goes by without looking at his face but from a distance. She couldn't gather enough courage to go and talk to him. One time that she tried to speak, she heard him speaking to someone on his phone. She heard him say in his base voice that sends shivers down her spine everytime she hears him,

"Na vandhutu irukken ma. Konja nerathula ingendhu kelambiduven. Mama ku iniku special aana gavanippu theva solten!"

That day she felt that he has someone in his life. But her heart which broke into million pieces still loved him. It's been 8 months since she heard his conversation. Something still pulls her towards him. She just couldn't move on. She just wanted to see him smile and be happy always. Such is Real love. You only want that person to smile and stay happy, even if it hurts you.

It's been Two days since she saw him. She thought may be he must have started to finish his morning routine earlier, hence she came early today. Disappointment was lesser a word of what she felt at that moment. It's 10 AM and there was no sign of him. She decided to walk towards his street to see any sign of him. She then noticed the milk packet kept out side his house. She thought may be he must have gone out to his hometown. Afterall Ooty is not where his parents are. He stays here alone for some unknown reason away from his family.

In these two years she managed to know about his family and him. One missing piece of the puzzle was why he stays here alone and away from his parents leaving all the luxury there. He is currently a freelancer and a model. When she decided that he must have gone to meet his parents, her eyes fell on his bike. His Royal Enfield stood there majestic but covered in dust. That's the moment she started to panic. She knows how much he loves cleanliness. He takes care of his bike like his own child. He can never let it out without covering it properly. Something told her that things aren't fine.

Without thinking twice she entered the main gate. She tried to stay patient while she rang the bell for about a good 5 minutes. Without any other go, She decided to break in. She knew what she is doing right now might put her in huge trouble but she had no choice. She tried to break open, but to her surprise the door wasn't locked from inside. It was just closed. She opened it and ran in. She saw that a room door was open and found him lying in bed without concious.

The blood on her face drained the moment she saw him lying there without moving. She moved close to him and checked on him. His breathing was troubled, his body was burning hot. He was suffering from high fever. She at once kept his head properly on his pillow. She went to get a thermometer. Since she knew he has OCD, she knew for sure there must be a first aid box in one of his cupboard in his room. She looked into his study drawer and found it. She went back to him and checked his temperature. He was having a fever of 104.

Being a Doctor herself, she rushed to the nearby medicals and bought the injection and glucose along with few necessary items. She then went back and gave him the injection. She prepared an IV and kept his hands safe on top of a pillow. She kept checking his temperature every one hour. The fever slowly started to reduce.

She then went to his kitchen and with so many items kept on top, she had a tough time reaching them. She had to jump to take salt. When she couldn't reach the spices rack, she brought the stool he had in his hall and climbed on it cursing under her breath.

Padma: pana maram madiri vandha ipdi dha elathayum mela veppangala?
Cha ettiye tholaikka maatengudhu. Adhu seri naama Inga varuvom nu avaru ena josiyam uh paatharu.

She then prepared a clear veg soup and took it to him. She held his head and tried to open his mouth. It was a huge task for her to feed atleast half of what she brought. She then tried to give him tablet. The issue is that his mouth parted only a little and the tablet was a bit big. After thinking a lot and deciding that no one is around and no one would ever know, she took the tablet in her mouth. She slowly placed her mouth on top of his and thrusted the tablet inside his mouth and slowly he responded in his deep slumber by parting his mouth a little wide. She was a ripened Tomato by then. She gave water and made him swallow.

Padma : First kiss pocha! 🤦‍♀️seri nala jorathula irukaru ivaruku ena theriyava podhu.

She had a bitter sweet feeling inside her. It was her first ever kiss with the man she loves with all her heart but he won't even know it. She had a sad smile on her face. She then saw the time. She was getting late. So she decided to give him his second dose of IV. When she was about to get up, she saw him scrunching his eyebrows. He was feeling uneasy suddenly. He then was about to move when she held him. He just mumbled that he feels pukish. She immediately held him and gave the dustbin that was in his room corner. After he emptied his stomach out, he again passed out. She cleaned him and then the bin too.

She thought she would give him the second dose and then inform his neighbours and leave but seeing his condition, she couldn't even move an inch. She again prepared some porridge and made him eat it for lunch. She again had the same issue with tablet. She did not think much and kissed him and pushed the tablet in. But when she least expected, he kissed her back. She froze on the spot. He nibbled her lips and was kissing her deep. The moment she felt his tongue licking her lower lip, she came back to her senses and pulled back. Her heart was thumping so hard. She saw him shocked. But he was still asleep. His breathing became more normal now. She gave him water with her hands that were shaking like leaf facing the wind. She then stood up and ran out of his room to calm herself down.

Padma: Paddu ne avaruku help panra avlo dha. Avarukku already lover irukka. Andha nenapula dha kiss panni irupparu. Calm down. Onnum ila. Inum oru dose dha kodukkanum. Apram naama kelambiduvom. Avaru kanna thorandhu paakum bodhu inga irundhom na prechana aaidum.

After calming herself down, she went inside. He was having a peaceful sleep. Looking at his relaxed face a smile bloomed in her face.

What will happen when he gets to know that she treated him and did everything only out of her concern for him?
Will he understand her?
Will she open up to him?

TBC...

_________________________________________

Author note:

Hi all dear readers,
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, business, events and incidents are the products of the author’s imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. This short story might contain few 16+ scenes, Reader's discretion is advised 🙏

Do support my work by voting. Do comment and let me know how you felt about this chapter! 🤍🙏

Love,
Suha 💜