chapter 2

NICHOLAS KING

First person I spotted when I entered that ballroom was the only one who could have my blood boiling, Natasha- fucking- Parker.

"Long time, no see," a bald stranger came up, shaking my hand.

"Oh and I have missed you," my 'date' said, grabbing one of his shoulders, feeling his bicep.

She's only here for appearance and photo- op purposes so I couldn't give a fuck which one of these dildos she wanted to use tonight.

I excused myself from their tired ass flirtation walking over to the bar ignoring others who tried to engage in a conversation with me. Being polite and putting up with bullshit was more of my brother's forte, I am... more forward. With being in a position of power all the time, the important ones will find a way to get to you. If not, then too fucking bad.

I ordered a glass of scotch sipping on it as I glared at Natasha already noticing everything wrong about her existence. Her dress showed too much cleavage, the slit along the thigh attracted the gazes of almost every married fifty year old perverts, and she has a secret of mine locked away in her mind.

"She is a friend," my younger sister, Valerie, sighed as she stood next to me.

"That's common knowledge Val," I sighed. "I thought you were supposed to be the smart sibling?"

"I don't know what happened between the two of you but don't hurt her," she said, grabbing the scotch out of my hands and taking a sip.

"Where's the fun in that?" I cocked my head to the side looking at her.

"Dad wants us to-"

"You're right," I cut her off, grabbing my glass of scotch from her hand. "You don't know what happened so stay the fuck out of my business Val."

"Nick-" she had tried to grab me but I shrugged her off with my sight on Natasha, anger clouding my vision at every thought about her.

"Well well well. What do we have here?" I propped my hands on the back of her chair as her back faced me.

Immediately her spine stiffened, her breathing increased as her breasts pushed forward in her dress, and her vanilla scent invaded my senses, almost making me forget why I was here.

"Oh my gosh. You're Nicholas King," one of the girls from her table stated the obvious.

"Some privacy?" I impatiently wanted to get a word in with Natasha. "Natasha," I tsked taking a seat next to her once everyone left.

"What do you want Nick?" she asked, keeping her head straight refusing to look at me.

"Just to see how you are," I chuckled, sitting to the side so I could get the full view of her.

"Fuck you," she blurt out losing control as her chest rose and fell in uneven pants.

I was making her angry. Good.

Now she knew how she made me feel.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

"I'm not wasting my breath or time on you," she huffed, looking forward again.

"Silent treatment? You're giving me the silent treatment?" I chuckled cruelly, clutching my chest with my hand. She was clenching her thighs together but she wasn't giving in. "Oh well," I slapped my hand down on the table as I stood up. "If you won't talk to me, then maybe your father will."

"What?" she turned around in confusion but I didn't bother glancing back because I got what I needed for the time being. A reaction.

"Mr. Parker," I greeted David Parker, Natasha's father with a handshake at the bar.