How easy it is to forget the touch of another

"You don't get to die and be reborn the same. You come back, but you come back wrong. This is the price you pay for resurrection."

Nathaniel Orion G. K. (via nathanielorion)

It is bright when you wake. Artificial light blinding you when you first woke. 

That was almost an hour ago. 

You didn't know what to do. Where you were. Dressed in strange clothes. Far too large on your frame. Some faint scent clinging to them. Like rain in the distance.  

Cold. God you were cold. The blanket that you were left with doing little to keep it out. Whoever this person was. Maybe they are not bad. Not like.

Not like them.

Your wounds were bandaged and cared for. The bandages fresh and new. Your body was clean. Which both raised your spirits and made your stomach turn. Who is to say nothing happened? That. 

You closed your eyes and drew in a shuddering breath. 

No. Not going there. Not now.

Instead, you sit up. Cold air attacking bare skin the moment the blanket falls into your lap. You gather the fabric around your shoulders and dangle your legs over the bed you were sitting on. And, for the first time since waking up, actually looking around the room you were in. 

Strange and foreign machinery surrounded you. Blue-grey walls and floors giving the place a dismal feeling. 

To the right of the bed, near where your head had been, laid a mess of bandages and creams. Including various pink tinted rags and a bowl of water. 

Someone was caring for you. Why?

And what did they expect in return?

You worried your lip between your teeth. Pulled your arms tighter around yourself. You felt ill. Stomach turning against itself. When was the last time you ate? How long have you been here?

You jumped when you heard noise to the left of you. Coming from the foot of the bed. 

A noise left you before you could take it back.

A door had opened. 

It was them.

Slowly, they came in. Steps near silent despite their size. The suit of metal they were wearing. Carefully they rounded the bed you were sitting on. Stopping about a foot in front of you. 

Not once had you met someone of their size. Their stature. You don't think the demons counted. Mutated and monstrous. Or the vids of the robot man you've seen. 

The air seemed to still. The helmeted visor solely on you. They stepped forward. Waited. Then stepped again. Not stopping till their stomach brushed your bare knees. 

They placed something next to you. A soft looking bundle of clothes and more bandages. 

Thier hand brushed your arm when you weren't looking, and you jumped. Looking quickly back to the visor. Thier hand instead hovered over your arm. A deep hum emanating from them. Him?

Him.

The helmet looked down. You hand to crane you neck to look up at him. Slowly you brought your own shaking hand upwards. Almost pulling back when it neared his helmet.

Eyes. You could make out his eyes behind the visor. 

Your fingers brushed against the metal. Warm to the touch. You traced over nicks and small dents.