Forgotton Love

Emily's POV

I was standing in the fish aisle at Petsmart when I heard a British accent behind me. Being my curious self I turned around. Mid turn I slipped in a puddle of water on the floor.  Smooth Em. VERY smooth…. Well, I hope its water… I wiped my wet hands on my skinny jeans.  I sat there not wanting to get up hoping the mysterious accent didn’t notice I had fallen.

“Are you ok love?” Nope he had noticed. I kept my head down, staring at the tile floor, refusing to look up. 

“Let me help you.” I could see a hand hovering in front of my knees. I continued to stare at the ground. My face was bright red, I could feel it. His hand lingered there then it moved out of sight.

“I guess you like it the hard way then.” He laughed at himself knowing what he had just said. He bent down beside me, and slid an arm under my knees and one behind my back. The next thing I know I was scooped up off the floor, and in his arms. The heat from his chest radiated on me. I relaxed a little comforted by his muscular chest. Still, I wouldn’t look at him. 

“You’re stubborn, I like that.” I gave in, and looked at him. His eyes were the prettiest shade of blue. He hadn’t changed much. Everything the same except the fact he actually had muscle now. I felt like I was melting in his arms, like chocolate on a hot summer day. I was hoping he never put me down.  My hopes were crushed; he placed my feet on the ground, and introduced himself.

“Im Louis” 

“Emily”

Louis’s POV

Her strawberry blonde hair covered her delicate face as she continued to stare at the ground. 

“Are your trousers drenched? I can buy you new ones if they are.” I have a feeling I was the cause of her fall.

“They’re just damp. I will survive.” 

She started giggling. Her glistening green eyes gazed into mine. 

“What?”

“Nice Toms.” She nudged my foot with hers. We were wearing the same color Toms. 

“Baby blue is one of my favorite colors.”

“Mine too.” She looked at me one more time before saying.

“I have to go. I’m sorry.” She turned, and made her way towards the doors.

I matched her pace, while watching her butt sway.  I slipped my hand down her back pocket to retrieve her phone. She whipped herself around. For a second I saw Fear in her eyes, as soon as she saw it was me it melted away.  

“Watch your hand there. I know I’m attractive, but try to resist. “She said teasing adding a playful wink.  I opened up her contacts, and added myself with winky face.  After I pressed save a woman’s photo flashed onto the screen. She was middle aged. Emily looked so much like her. She looked so familiar. Maybe I had seen her on the street or somewhere. 

“Emily, your mum is calling.” She gently took the phone out of my hand, and answered the phone call. 

“Hey mom…Forty-Five minutes tops…Ok, love you too bye.” 

“How’s your mum?”

“She’s good, but I really have to get going.” I didn’t want her to leave yet. I needed to think of a distraction.  I glanced around the store, and saw hamsters. 

“Wait; before you go can you help me pick out hamsters?”  That was the stupidest thing ever. Why didn’t I say something better. Too late now… She gave me a confused laugh.

“Sure.” I led her over to the “Critter Section”. I bent down to look at the hamsters on the last shelf. I looked up at her smiling at her phone tapping away the keys texting.  She slipped her phone back into her pocket, and began examining the hamsters in the glass tanks. My phone let out a little chirp. I pulled it out from my pocket, and saw I had a message from an unknown number.  I opened up the message, and it read “Nice Ass;)” I tapped the reply button, and typed into the message box “Thanks:) you too;)” She pointed to the case above me.

“I like these ones, they are fluffy.”

“Ok, which one is going to be you, and which one is me?”

“I am the orangish one, you are the brown one.”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. 

Emily’s POV

He set the two hamsters and their food on the counter at the register. They squeaked in their cardboard box. The hamster named Louis stuck his nose out the side of the box his whiskers twitched. 

“Did you find everything you wanted today?” The cashier was a boy about my age with brown hair, and brown eyes. 

“Yes.” He rang up our purchases, bagged the food, and slid the box to the edge of the plastic counter towards me. 

“Your total is 35.21.” I reached down into my pockets searching for the money my mom gave me.

“I got this Emily.” 

“It’s ok I can by them.” His arm sprung to my side, and his fingers started to rapidly move. I jumped, and started squirming.

“Stop tickling me!” I was laughing so loud that every costumer near us turned in our direction. While I was still recovering from my laughter; he handed the boy a 50 dollar bill. 

“You can keep the change as a tip.” He smiled, and picked up the plastic bag with the food. The sliding doors slid past us with a whooshing sound as we made our way out past the grooming station, which smelled like wet dogs.  We turned the corner of the brick building; Louis stopped, and set down the food and hamsters. I turned to him to ask him why he stopped. He pulled me into his muscular chest, and began passionately kissing me. His hands started down at my waist and slid down to my butt. My arms loosely hung around his neck while my hands played with the hair. We separated for a breath as an older woman passed us saying “So many horny teenagers now in-days.” We both let out a little laugh simultaneously. He stared into my eyes with wonder. I could tell something was crossing his mind. “Do you have a question?”

“Would your mum let you spend the night tonight?” 

“I will call, and ask.” I pulled my phone out of my pocket, and dialed my mom’s number.  It rang for what seemed like forever. I was hoping she would answer so I could.

“Yes?”

“Hey, would you mind if I spent the night with a friend?” 

“Which friend?” I didn’t want to lie, but I had no choice. My mind searched for names of my friends. 

“Kellie.”

“Sure! Do you need to come home, and get clothes?” 

“No, I can just borrow some.”

“Ok have fun love you honey” 

“Love you too mom.” I taped the END button, and pushed my phone back into my pocket. He wrapped his arm around my waist and led me into the parking lot.