Chapter 4

EMILY’S POV

The memories from the night raced through my mind. The images tearing my mind apart. They were on replay, but only the worst memories wouldn’t go away. The images becoming sharper each time I saw them. Louis’s words harsher than the first. I would have never believed he would have done it too me again. Considering that he saw what it did to me the first time. That was the lowest point in my life, and I have a feeling i'm going to drop back to the bottom. Stop. I am not going to do this again. I made a promise to myself to touch my silver friend again. The only problem is he erases all of the pain. Every single memory and word I don’t want to remember leaves whenever he comes. I don’t want to remember this. Do I? Is it worth it. Breaking the promise. My preacher always told me the worst promises to break are the ones you made to yourself. I need to stay strong. Strong. I don’t need my friend. I have Harry and that’s all I need, but the memories will still be there. Clearer and sharper than ever before. Well, maybe he could come for just one visit. The tears were streaming down my pale face. This was too much for me to handle. I just need to slip away for awhile, and forget everything. I readjusted my body among the sheets, and pressed my face into the damp pillow. Hopefully the pillow will muffle my sobs. As the night dragged on the worse the memories got. I couldn’t take it anymore. I needed to forget everything. I lifted my head from the pillow scanning the dark room. I found the bathroom door. It’s only a couple steps away. A couple steps to wash away all the pain. Harry shaves so I can just break apart his razor, and be reunited with a friend I haven’t seen for a while. I need to stop myself. I am not going to go through this again. I promised. Just like Louis promised he wouldn’t make the mistake again. I rolled off the plush bed onto the carpeted floor. I crawled over to the bathroom too tired to even stand. This whole night had been too much for me. I gently turned the golden knob on the wooden bathroom door. The tiled floor chilled my feet as I walked over to the counter. I pulled open all of the draws on in his bathroom. Where are they? He has to have it somewhere. I scanned the dimly lit bathroom, and noticed a medicine cabinet on the wall nearest to the shower. Maybe It’s in there. Hopefully. I needed to get the pain to disappear. That’s exactly what I wanted to do. Disappear. Not forever just for a little while. I took a look at myself in the cabinet mirror. My mascara streaked face was red and puffy. I pulled open the little cabinet. With a simple click it was open, and I saw my friend. The silver shiny in the light. Gleaming welcoming me back. I set the razor down on the tiled floor, and took it apart. I carefully placed the blade in my left hand, and walked towards the bathtub. I borrowed a soft white towel from the his towel basket. I placed the towel in the bathtub to pad my back while I was sitting in there. I might as well be comfortable. I carefully stepped into the the pearly bathtub, I rested my back on the towel. I stared down at my arm preparing myself for the pain lying ahead. I slowly dragged my friend across my skin. The memories started to blur, and disappear from my troubled mind. The red silk dripped out of my arm, but It was coming out faster than it ever had before. Oh no. I had hit a major vein. I started slipping away from the world. There was nothing I could do. I was becoming weaker by the minute. In one way I wanted to be saved, but at the same time I didn’t I just wanted to slip away from everyone, everything, and mostly the pain. ***FLASHBACK***

SHUT UP KELLY YOU ARE WRONG! My mom whimpered in the corner of the living room. My dad slammed her trembling body against the wall. The pictures swayed and threatened to fall to the floor. He was squeezing her too hard. The skin on her arms around his fingers turning white. She was unable to look into his dark brown eyes. He became a beast when he drank. Terrorizing everyone. Mostly my mother though. She was defenseless against his rippling muscles. She was no competition to him. I have always wanted to run away with my mom, but she refused to. She was stuck between loving him and had too much fear leave. I was protected under the couch from his drunken figure. I have always wanted to stand up too him, but I didn’t have the courage or stupidity. He stretched out his toned arm, and slapped her across her pale face. She shrunk to the floor. I watched a red handprint become visible on her tear-stained cheek. She made eye contact with me. She was trembling worse than before. Pain filled her small frame. She mouthed the words go hide to me, but I didn’t budge. NO I mouthed back. I'm not leaving you. Her head shook down at the ground, all she wanted was for her daughter to be safe. WHO ARE YOU LOOKING AT?! N...No...No one honey. Just myself. WHERE IS SHE? Emily’s still at school she has tutoring. I watched two large feet stumble over to the couch. I held my breath hoping he was just sitting down. His muscular frame dropped to the floor eye level with me. He shot out his arms grabbing me. He dragged me across the wooden floor. LIAR! He picked my shaking body up tossing me into the corner with my mom. I hit the walls with a thud. Pain shot through my nerves. I burst into tears. I'M GOING TO GO GET SOME BEER FROM THE STORE! He slammed the front door with so much force one of the pictures fell to the floor; the glass shattering. My mom cradled me stroking my hair. After he was gone my mom walked over to the picture she carefully picked up the shattered frame. It was their wedding picture. ***End of Flashback*** That night I would be introduced to my silver friend for the very first time.