Part 8

She didn't look at me, she stared at her feet.

My heart stopped and I felt my face going white.
I didn't show any reaction at all, but this silence told more than you can think of. I felt numb.
Finally, May looked at me. I was looking for answers in her face, but the only thing I saw were tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry that I have to break this now, and I feel horrible for doing this to you, but I love you so this cannot keep going." I didn't understand. If she loved me, why would she leave me then?
I had so many questions, but wasn't able to speak. I was in a sort of shock rigidity when she started to cry. "I'm so sorry. I'm miserable." There were a few seconds of silence when she tried not to cry. I never saw her in that much pain before.
What was going on?

I was slowly finding myself back, my eyes moved, and I tried to say something, but she was faster: "Thank you for the time I was able to spend with you. I really enjoyed it."
She looked at me and almost started to cry again, but she slowly turned around and left. I felt dumb for not saying anything and letting her go like this, but I didn't understand what was going on.
This felt like such a weird moment to me and I didn't know what to do.

It took me a minute to realise what just had happened until my eyes filled with tears.

I had to sit down. My hands covered my face. I was sobbing. The entire world was strolling through my head. Everything was spinning around. I began to breathe irregularly, my whole body was sweating. Hot tears poured down my cheek. I didn't understand the world. When my body started to calm down a bit, I looked up in pain. Nobody was there, it suddenly turned so quiet. Only the freezing wind was blowing calmly. I felt left alone. Nobody was here to hold me, to calm me down and tell me that everything was going to be alright.
May wasn't there to stroke my hair and to put a slight kiss to my forehead.

Was she ever going to do that again?