Wanted:Wife - 3

It was a slow night. There had a few customers at Skye the club where Kim is working. Her hips are tired of swaying. But she had to.

She's been living in Manila for two years already. It was easy to get lost in a big city. The reason why she went there with her siblings. And she was right because the social workers couldn't find them.

When they came there for the first time, she did a lot of odd jobs. Unfortunately, all her hard efforts fell short, financially speaking. She got three jobs at a time but still, can't provide the needs of her siblings.

One day, Marie, her customer at a snow cone stand where she was doing a part time, saw her looking anxious and stressed up. She asked what her problem is. She seems a nice person and it was easy for Kim to tell all of her problems. She told her that she hasn’t paid the apartment for about a month now. And the electricity and water bills kept piling up.

"Consider your problem solved," she remembered Marie told her.

Kim asked for an explanation. Then she knew that Marie is a lap dancer. She told her how much money she's taking every night in that profession. If she wanted, she will help her to have the job at the night club.

But Kim refused. She can't dance in front of many people, especially in front of men with tiny or even without clothes on.

"Thanks but no thanks," she answered confidently.

But after two weeks, the owner of the apartment kicked them out and they were nowhere to go. Her salary was finished when she paid their past due bills.

To cut a long story short, she accepted Marie's offer because she didn't have any choice. It was either that or they would sleep on the streets.

Two nights after that, she was dancing in front of an audience full of men wearing nothing but bikini panties and a see-through black top. She can't described her feelings when the first time she dance. She felt dread, panic, and extreme humiliation all rolled into one.

But in the end, she get used to it. Self-preservation instinct is what the mind told her.

"Kim, the dancer" was simply the practical part of the real "Kim," a small fraction of the real Kim that was so much more.