Wanted:Wife - 8

Saturday morning, Pumunta si Kim sa coffee shop kung saan sila nag-usap ni Xian. Siya na mismo ang nagsuggest sa lugar kung saan sila magkikita ulit. Ayaw niyang ibigay ang address na inuuwian niya ngayon dahil ayaw niyang magkaroon ng ibang hinala ang kanyang mga kapatid. Sinabi niya sa mga ito na sasama siyang mamasyal  sa mga kaibigan.

After they separated three nights ago, Xian gave half of the amount of the payment.  Bukod doon ay binilhan niya din ng damit at ilan pang personal na bagay si Kim.

He gave her specific instructions. Her wardrobe should be decent. Gustong magreklamo ni Kim. She was insulted on what he said. Ano ang tingin niya rito? A low-class call girl? She can't blame him though. He knew what she did for a living.

All of her things are good and decent so she doesn't need to go shopping.

Dumating si Kim ng maaga sa coffee ship. Late na siyang natulog pero maaga pa rin siyang nagising. Hindi niya alam ang dahilan pero para bang excited siya para sa mangyayari. She felt excited meeting Xian again. She's anticipating the day where she'll be pretending his girlfriend. Para sa kanya isa itong adventure. Of course, she was nervous, too, but the excitement overcomes her nervousness.

A few minutes later, Kim saw Xian approaching outside the glass wall. Bumaba ito sa isang napakagandang sasakyan. He could be the poster boy for the self-assured twenty something male. He was wearing a pair of dark washed jeans and gray shirt underneath a canary-yellow windbreaker.

On his head was a black ski-cap. He was carrying a sports bag on his shoulder. He looks like he stepped out of the shower. He looked so fresh. She wondered what he smelled like. Did he smell of soap or aftershave?

Pretty soon, she didn't have to wonder anymore. Pumasok si Xian sa loob ng coffee ship at nginitian siya. He smelled of mint. She wanted to sniff him because he really smelled good.

"Good morning," he greeted.

Ngumiti na lamang si Kim.

"Sorry if I’m late. Nag-intay ka ba ng matagal?”

She shrugged. "No. Not really. Wala pa namang ten minutes or so, I think."

"I'm really sorry," he apologized.

"No, you're not late. I'm just early."

He put down his bag on the floor and sat in front of her. "Thank you sa pagpunta. To be honest, akala ko hindi ka na pupunta."

Relief was written all over Xian’s face. Whatever the reason behind the charade they were about to embark on, she was pretty sure the stakes were high for him.

“I gave you my word, didn’t I?”

Xian just smiled. "Yeah, you did. And I see, you look good with the dress I bought."

"How does it look?"

"Pretty, you're pretty."

Kim felt her face flushed red. Para siyang isang high school student sa kilig na nararamdaman niya. The following seconds were awkward for her at least. Xian was obviously staring at her face for a while. Na-conscious tuloy siya.

Xian didn't hide his admiration towards her beauty.

"Um-order muna tayo bago ko i-explain sayo ang lahat." He asked her what she wanted to order. He went to the counter and ordered an espresso for the two of them.

While they're eating, he continued their conversation. She was supposedly a Chinese-Filipino who was born and raised here in the Philippines. That was what he told his mom. Nagkakilala sila sa isang conference.  Then they met and fell in love. Since then, she decided to stay for her to be with him.

Di na sinabi ni Kim kay Xian ang tungkol sa kanyang tunay na pagkatao- na she’s of Chinese descent. He didn't ask her so why bother to tell. It was an unnecessary fact. As if naman na tunay na fiancée nga siya ni Xian.

"So basically, what you're saying is that isa akong babaeng in love na in love sa’yo to the point na pumayag agad akong makasama ka just so I can enjoy the pleasure of your company," Kim summarized everything.

Xian smiled naughtily. "That's not that hard to imagine. Malay natin."

Tumawa na lang si Kim. "Yeah, right. Whatever."

He's so full of himself. But of course, she knew he was just kidding.

After nilang kumain, ay nag-explain pa si Xian ng important details regarding sa flight nila papuntang Singapore.

A/N: Rush na update. Hindi na proofread dahil sobrang busy sa research paper. 

Comment. Vote. Be a fan! :)