Wanted:Wife - 4

Xian was dismayed with the result of his conversation with his mom. He flew all the way to Singapore where she was staying right after she left his dad. It happened when he was in high school; and because it was in the middle of school year, she didn't have a chance to take him. He didn't follow her when vacation arrived.

Xian had one goal why he went there; and that was to borrow money from her. His mother was a rich woman. Other than the inheritance from his grandparents, she was a successful businesswoman too. Isa ang kanyang ina sa pinakamayan sa buong Asia. She owns different five-star hotels in and out of the country. Mayroon din itong iba’t ibang kumpanya at resorts.

When he went to her office, she was totally surprised. They were not in good terms. Since she left them, Xian became cold on her. He was blaming her that he had a broken family. Other than that, his sympathy is with his father. He witnessed how hurt his father was when she left.

"Hindi na ako magpapaligoy-ligoy pa. Dad's business is in trouble," Xian said directly after she asked what he's doing in America. He told her what happened.

"I need your help," he said.

"How much do you need?" she asked.

He told her how much he desparately needed. She whistled when she heard it. The amount he needed was light years from small.

"You should have been more careful. What were you thinking trusting a stranger with all that money?"

"He's not a stranger. Kris was my friend," he said defensively.

"Kung kaibigan mo siya, hindi sana niya ninakaw ang pera ng kumpanya," she scoffed.

"Spare me the lecture, please? Don't you think I know all that by now? So, papahiramin mo ba ako ng pera o hindi?"

"You know I can. The question is will I?"

"What do you mean?"

"What guarantee do I have that you won't squander my money like you did your father's?"

"I didn't."

"Which is even worse, you let somebody else squander it for you."

"That won't happen again. I've learned my lesson already."

"That's not enough."

He ran out of patience. "Just tell me that you don't want to help me," he said irritatedly.

"Hindi yun ang gusto kong iparating, anak. I just want to make sure that you will not be careless again."

"First and foremost, don’t you ever call me your son. Our bond was broken since you left us. Well, you won't know unless you give me the money."

"True. What's hard on you is that you're so selfish."

"I came here to borrow money, not to be insulted."

"I'm not insulting you."

"You just told me not in so many words that I'm a selfish prick."

"That's not what I meant. What I'm saying is you have no reason to think of anybody else but yourself. But if you have a wife, some kids perhaps, you would be more careful because it's their future at stake."

"So, you won't loan me the money?"

"Not right now, no."

"In other words, you'll just let go of the company that Dad established? Your  ex husband who you left several years ago? Or have you forgotten all about that?"

"I'm not responsible for the company's downfall. You are."

Xian clenched his teeth. He was very annoyed but he can't surrender from her.

“Paano kung pakasalan ko ang girlfriend ko? That would mean I'd have a wife, somebody else to think of other than myself. If that happens, will you give me the money then?"

"I might."

Xian was not contented. "Will you give me the money then?" he repeated.

"Gusto ko muna siyang makilala."

He scratched his hand on his head out of frustration. Then the picture of his flings suddenly flashed through his mind. Which one of them he will show to his mother? He didn't like the idea, not by one bit.

"I'll be at Marina Bay Sands next weekend. Bring her there with you."

"She's in Manila."

"It's monday today. I'm talking about next weekend. I'm sure she can book a flight before then."

"Are you crazy?"

“I just wanna meet her. What's wrong with that?"

"I'll see what I can do. I'll call you," he said and stood up. He didn't bother to say goodbye. He just turned his back and walked away. As he was to turn the door knob, his mother spoke.

"I missed you, Xian"

He just nodded and ignore the pain he felt inside his chest.

A/N: Sunod sunod ang update para makabawi ako sa inyo. Ayiee. Hahaha. 5 votes for the next chapter. ^^