Chapter 1: Lost Girl

As Mrs. Hickory gave a lecture on how sociopathy can be observed in children all Maddie could think about was how awful it must be to not be pretty and young like she is. She twirled her dirty blonde silky hair in her finger as she looked around the room. She saw Emily Woods, her best friend who had fallen asleep by the window. She was pretty and young too she just didn't give a fuck about all that. Next to her was  Sebastian Gillies reading a book. He was very quiet and mysterious, even though he was a goody goody and always did the right thing. Maddie thought he was boring but he was so hot she was willing to look past it. In front of her was her other best friend Amanda Locke. She was exotic hot and young and she knew it. The moment she had moved here from Miami she had known they would be friends. She was more detached than Emily, but way more extroverted. Rumour had it she had gotten expelled for her last school for sleeping with her teacher, but I knew the truth, she hadn't. She had sleep with her teacher but no one ever found out. They moved out here because of her dads job or something.

 "Maddie?" - said Mrs. Hickory accusingly. "What is the difference between sociopathy and psychopathy?"

Even being taken by surprise, Maddie only took a second to respond.

"Sociopaths are good with people Mrs. Hickory. Psychopaths aren't. Sociopaths are charming and have a way of making you do whatever they want." 

Mrs

Mrs. Hickory showed a hint of being impressed but wiped it away quickly as Maddie smirked at her. Everyone knew Maddie was smart. She just knew things whether she wanted to or not. She then went back to not paying attention, as Maddie firmly believed that respect had to be earned, and not because someone was an "authority figure" the immediately deserved it. Mrs. Hickory for example, didn't. She was a terrible teacher who never handed grades, so, Maddie didn't respect her.

As she was getting back to looking at her classmates she got a look at Logan Huxley, smirking at her from the front row before turning back around. Logan Huxley. Their parents had all gone to school together in the "olden days" and they were always expected to get along. They didn't. Logan was annoying, condensing and got on Maddie nerves like no one ever had. He was kind of the hottest guy in school but Maddie could not stand him. They managed to fight a lot for a couple of people who cannot stand to be in the same room as each other.

 They managed to fight a lot for a couple of people who cannot stand to be in the same room as each other