Chapter 2: The Hamptons Hype

Logan Huxley was son to the most powerful business man on the Upper East Side and he was honestly not a bad person. Everyone kind of assumed he was because he was brooding and direct and fought with Maddie all the time, and most of all because his dad was a dick. He hated his dad.

His best friend Nate was hosting the party that night so they were at his house drinking beforehand. Nate had been in love with Amanda Locke since middle school and yet all they did was fuck which Logan thought was ridiculous. Not that he was a die hard romantic or anything, he actually had a hard time buying the idea of love, but when he saw Nate and Amanda together it kind of looked real. 

"The limo will be here in 30 minutes boys so let's drink up" - Oliver said, the playboy extraordinaire of the group, as Logans phone rang. He stiffened up uncomfortably as he saw the name on the screen.

 He stiffened up uncomfortably as he saw the name on the screen

"Hello?" - he answered.

"Hey bro." 

Logan straightened up.

"Peter?!"

Oliver and Nate suddenly looked interested

"What are you doing dad will kill you." - Logan said.

"Come on man, I hate dad as much as you do. Just because Im younger I don't need to put up with it."

"You are 15 man you have to."

"You know why I can't. Not anymore. I want to leave"

"He is never even there Peter! I tried."

Logan looked over at Oliver and Nate and stood up towards the porch and closed the door. It was freezing.

Oliver and Nate shoot each other a look. Peter was Logans younger brother and when Logan rebelled against his dad last year and left , Peter was stuck in there even though he wanted to come with. Nate had never understood why he didn't just take Peter with him. 

"I mean yeah he's their dad and legally they should be with him but Logan is here. He doesn't give a damn, and he's not much of a father anyway."

"Yeah, I know man. - Oliver said. "Something super sketchy goes down with those three but Logan won't talk about it."

"Poor Peter."

"Poor Logan"

With that Logan came back up from the porch, served himself a shot of absolute crystal and chased it down with champagne.

"Lets go to a party boys."

...

"When are they coming out??"

Logan , Nate and Oliver had been parked in Amanda Locke's driveway over 5 minutes already.

"Lets just go man" - Logan said, annoyed, sure it was Maddie fault.