Episode 5.2 - Enchanted Blue

Robyn was almost certain she'd never been a drinker in the real world.

She decided to return to the Snow biome. In the week since the Goblin invasion, William had managed to both rebuild the Forest village but also construct the Snow village as well. The houses were built from boreal wood, snow brick, and lit with icy torches. Fewer citizens lived out here – only Mrunok the Goblin Tinkerer and Durim the Demolitionist, the latter who had been told that if he blew up his house again then he'd have to rebuild it himself.

She remembered when she'd showed the spot on the side of the mountain to William. His mouth had literally dropped at the vista, and he'd said, "This is perfect!"

And Robyn had been so glad she'd had her silver helmet on because she'd blushed so hard, her face had probably gone redder than the Crimson.

She walked across the snow, up to the Dungeon.

This was the fourth time she'd visited the Old Man at the Dungeon. Each time it had always been daytime, and each time he kept reminding her that "my master cannot be summoned under the light of day."

Robyn could only wonder who, or perhaps what, his master was.

"Robyn," the Old Man said.

She took off her silver helmet, and felt the brisk wind blowing through her hair. "Hello."

She still wasn't sure what to call him. She'd asked at least once what his name was, but each time he'd either avoided the question or just stood there silently, as though he couldn't remember.

Or maybe he didn't have one.

"I had a Goblin Scout come across the Dungeon yesterday," the Old Man said.

"A Scout?" Robyn murmured.

"Your village may still have eyes on it," he said. "All of them, perhaps."

Robyn wasn't sure what to make of this information. She hadn't told the Old Man much about their adventures regarding the Eye or Brain of Cthulhu, but she had once mentioned the Goblin invasion.

"Where did he go?" she asked.

"Back the way he came," the Old Man said. "Though I doubt the direction he set off matters."

Robyn frowned slightly.

"How is William?" he asked.

Last time she'd been here, she had told the Old Man all about the story when she'd shown William the snowy mountains.

"He's good," she said. "He finished building the snow village."

The Old Man nodded slightly.

She couldn't stop thinking about William. He was always so kind and sincere to her. And generous, too. And he... he made her feel happy.

When William had told her how perfect the site she'd chosen for the Snow village was, she felt that had been the happiest she'd ever felt since waking up in this strange world.

Far happier than the satisfaction of victory against the Eye or the Brain.

She thought, but found herself unable to say it out loud, I think I like him.

***

When she returned to the Snow village she found William waiting, talking with the Goblin Tinkerer. He must've upgraded his armour – he was now dressed in a red and black suit of armour that looked like it was made from Crimtane. It seemed that he was trying to reforge his Starfury, but the Goblin Tinkerer kept giving it bad modifiers.