Episode 12.2 - It Can Talk?!

"I believe the screams came from the Dungeon," the Wizard said.

"You're certain?" Meg asked, to which the Wizard nodded.

William looked to the Dryad and Witch Doctor, who also seemed to be slowly nodding. They had all gathered in one of the huts in the Jungle Village to discuss the screams.

"This might mean the Cultists are back there," he said. "Or even... Robyn."

"We did destroy the mechanical Cthulhu parts before," Meg pointed out.

"Robyn said to me that they didn't need the Mechanic anymore," William added. "Which tells me they have something else planned. And we don't know what. So, we should go investigate." He wanted to feel confident, but his heart was pounding from trepidation. Last time he'd tried to chase down Robyn, he'd almost gotten digested by a plant.

Sid nodded in agreement. "It's about time we take the fight to them."

"I sense that you are going to face a big battle if you go there," the Wizard said. "I shall accompany you."

"As will I," the Witch Doctor said. "That cold, dark dungeon can always use a bit more life."

"And me," a new voice said.

William turned to the hut entrance to see James the Clothier walking in, red hat firmly on his head, and a determination in his eyes.

"Are you sure?" Sid asked. "What if you... lose control and turn into Skeletron again?"

"All I want is to see those who cursed me dead," James said. "I'll never lose control."

"And if he does, I'll be there! Yarr!"

That was Red Beard the Pirate, who walked in and stood alongside the Clothier.

"The more the merrier," Sid said.

"So be it," the Wizard said. "We leave at dawn tomorrow."

***

Sid emerged from the pylon in a spray of sparks, entering the Desert Village. He walked up to a house that was covered with contraptions and machines, and knocked on the door.

Opening the door was a woman in green overalls and a black hat. She was Whitney the Steampunker, a new citizen that had moved in the day after the Mechanical Bosses had been destroyed.

"Evening."

"You said you had something to show us?" Sid asked.

"Yes," Whitney replied as she led Sid inside. "When I got here I heard about how Kayla had died. She was... my cousin." She paused, sounding solemn, then turned towards a black-suited form sitting against the wall.

"Mrunok left me the Cyborg she'd been working on, and I felt like she would have wanted to see it finished. In some ways, it's all that's left of her."

Sid nodded slowly.

"Let me just flick this switch..." she reached somewhere on the Cyborg's torso, and a second later blue lights began switching on across its arms and on its chest.

"Oh," a sudden voice emanated from the Cyborg. Standing up, Sid could see it appeared to be a mix of man and machine, with only his hands, mouth, and forehead exposed. He began looking all around, including at the wall behind him. "Where is everyone?"

"Oops. Forgot to plug in his visual sensors." The Steampunker reached down, picked up a disc-like object, and inserted it into the centre of the Cyborg's face. It glowed bright blue.

"Oh, hello. I am Omicron, the Cyborg. I am designed as a provider of explosive munitions. How may I serve you?"

"Show me what you've got," Sid said.