Part One

TWs:
Notes: Written along side @mirabel_madrigal_

Camilo was walking to his cousin's room in the morning. He wished to hang out with her, as they had kinda grown apart a little over the years. He arrived to the nursery and knocked on the door lightly. Without waiting for an answer, he opened the door.

"Mirabel?"

His slightly younger cousin wasn't in the room.

"Mirabel?" He called out again.

It was confirmed. Mirabel was not in the nursery. So, Camilo did the only logical thing he could think to do. He ran to his older sister's room and banged on the door.

Dolores yawned as she opened the door. "What is it, Camilo?"

"Mirabel's not in her room."

"Okay, well have you check anywhere else?" Dolores asked.

He nodded. "I figured she would be downstairs, but she wasn't so I went to see if she was still asleep."

"And she wasn't in her room?" Dolores questioned.

He nodded. "And some of her stuff was gone."

This was when Dolores started to get worried. "Maybe her sisters know where she is."

Camilo nodded and accidentally shifted into Mirabel.

"Worried about her?" Dolores asked, knowing Camilo shapeshifts when he's nervous, scared, or worried.

He nodded. "And scared."

"Don't worry. I'm sure she's okay." Dolores paused, putting a hand on her brother's shoulder. "Let's just go talk to Isabela and Luisa to see if they know where she is."

Camilo nodded and reached out to grab Dolores' hand. "I hope she's okay."

"Let's go." Dolores said, leading her brother to Isabela's room.

Camilo nodded. He knocked on the door.

Isabela opened the door, yawning. "This better be important. I still had twenty minutes left of beauty sleep."

"Mirabel's missing."

This alarmed Isabela. "What?!"

Dolores nodded. "Apparently. Camilo, tell her what happened."

"I went downstairs, thinking she'll be setting the table like normal, but she wasn't. So I went to her room and she wasn't there."

"I'm sure she's probably out in town already." Isabela said. Truth be told, she hoped that was the case and she hoped her baby sister wasn't in any danger.

"Some of her stuff is gone too."

Isabela had a concerned look on her face. "Maybe Luisa's seen her."

Camilo nodded and went over to Luisa's door. He knocked on the door.

She opened the door. "¿Sí?"

"Have you seen Mirabel?" Isabela asked, concerned.

"Isn't that Mirabel?" She pointed to Camilo.

Camilo shook his head. "Uh. Camilo."

"Yeah, Camilo's really worried and scared, so he might be shapeshifting like crazy until we find Mirabel." Dolores said.

"So, you haven't seen Mirabel this morning?" Isabela questioned.

"I haven't, no."

"Okay, we have to find her. Camilo said some of her stuff is gone too." Isabela said urgently. Dolores nodded in agreement.

"That's not good."

"No, it isn't. Where could she have gone?! Where could she be?!" Isabela was panicking.

Camilo thought as he shifted into Julieta then Pepa. "Maybe..."

They all tried to think of possible places Mirabel could've gone.

"Outside of Encanto?"

Isabela and Dolores gasped simultaneously.

"She wouldn't! She knows it's dangerous!" Isabela said.

"And why would she leave?!"

"She wouldn't." Dolores answered. "She has to be somewhere in the Encanto."

"It was just a suggestion. Calm your sh-ts down."

"Should we tell Mamá about this?" Isabela looked at Luisa.

"I don't know. We probably should."

"She's going to freak." Isabela pointed out.

"I know."

"We could... maybe not tell her and just look for Mira ourselves."

"Mamá will find out soon. We have to find Mirabel quickly." Isabela said urgently.

"And we will."

"Let's go. We can't waste anymore time." Dolores said.

Camilo nodded. "Good plan!" He shifted yet again, this time into his papá.

"Okay, but you need to calm down. Otherwise, everyone's going to get suspicious because you only shift this rapidly when you're nervous or scared about something. So you need to calm down." Dolores said, placing a hand on her brother's shoulder.

"I am trying to calm down!"

"I'm sure Mirabel is fine. We'll go find her. She's probably fine." Dolores assured her little brother.

"I hate it that people can tell when I'm nervous-" he shifted into Alma- "or scared or worried."

"Yeah, I guess that somewhat runs in our family because people can also see when Mamá is scared or worried." Dolores half-joked.

"Come on, guys, let's go! We have to find Mirabel!" Isabela reminded them.

Dolores nodded, "right. Let's go."

Luisa nodded. "We need to find her and make sure she's okay."

The four walked down the stairs and out the front door, avoiding their parents, as their parents were still sleeping.

Camilo was still shifting at a fast pace and he was mumbling to himself.

"Let's split up and search. We'll cover more ground that way." Dolores suggested.

"Sounds good."

"Could we go in pairs?"

"Sure. Camilo, you're with me." Dolores said. "You two can search that way, and Camilo and I will search over there."

Luisa nodded and went off with Isabela.

Camilo mumbled a thank you, knowing full well his sister could hear him.

"No problem, hermanito. Don't worry, we're going to find her." Dolores assured her brother.

"What if she's hurt?"

"I'm sure she's fine." Dolores said, trying to convince not only her brother, but herself, of that as well.

"What if she left Encanto?"

Dolores paused. "I'm sure she didn't. She would never." Dolores wasn't really sure of that. She knew Mirabel was extremely curious about everything.

"We don't even know what's out there."

"Exactly. Mirabel knows it could be dangerous and she would never leave the Encanto knowing how dangerous it could be." Dolores tried to reason.

"I just want her to be okay."

"We'll find her, Camilo. I promise." Dolores said.