Part Twelve

TWs:
Notes: Written along side mirabel_madrigal_

It took them a couple days, but they finally reached the Encanto. As they stepped off the base of the mountain into the Encanto, Pepa, Dolores, and Camilo felt the magic returning to them.

Dolores covered her ears as everything was really loud to her, but she was smiling. "We're almost there."

Camilo grinned. "We're almost home!" Camilo felt bad, he was the biggest reason why it took so long. They had to stop at one point to make makeshift casts and stopped many times give Félix breaks from carrying him.

A small cloud immediately formed above Pepa's head upon entering the Encanto. She had been anxious the entire walk back.

Mirabel looked at Pepa and Dolores in amazement, "uhm, what?"

Dolores laughed lightly, "come on, we're almost there!"

Félix nodded. "Could someone else carry Camilo? My arms are getting tired."

"I got it." Pepa said as she took her son from Félix, careful not to hurt him anymore than he already is.

He whined. "It hurts."

"I know, mijo, but we're almost home and Julieta can take care of it for you." Pepa assured her son.

He nodded, sweating a little. "Almost home."

They walked for another two hours or so before they finally approached their house.

"Julieta!"

"Sí, Félix?"

Pepa spotted her sister and approached her, still carrying Camilo in her arms. "Good news, we found Camilo and Mirabel! Bad news, Camilo has a broken arm and leg, which you can easily fix. And just out of curiosity, does your gift also cover brain damage? Specifically, amnesia?" Pepa paused. "Just out of curiousity..."

"I've never tried."

"Okay, well, today's your day to do so!" Pepa said, not giving her anymore information.

Julieta nodded and grabbed some homemade tortillas. She handed a couple to Camilo.

After Camilo ate the tortillas and his foot and arm were magically healed, Pepa gently set him down. "Okay, great, and now might be a good time to tell you that Mirabel has amnesia."

Camilo moved his foot. "That's better."

Julieta blinked. "Oh. I see..."

"Yeah..." Pepa nodded. "She doesn't even remember her own name."

Julieta frowned then handed Mirabel some tortillas. "Here, eat these."

Mirabel hesitated. She wasn't sure who this person was or if she could trust her. She looked over at Dolores, who nodded, signaling for her to take it. They did look pretty yummy.

She took the tortillas and cautiously took a bite. She felt weird for a split second before saying, without even thinking, "gracias, Mamá."

She then looked at Pepa and waved, "hola, Tía Pepa."

"You remember?"

Mirabel nodded, "sí."

Pepa breathed a sigh of relief.

Camilo grinned. "That's awesome!"

"Wait." Mirabel paused. "But how did I get back here?"

"You got hit in the head, but Papá and Dolores found you and we all went home."