An Altercation in the World

January 9th, 2020

My therapist, Dr. Adams, demanded that I get this journal in order to write about my day, how I feel, and to express my OCD. I suggest you not expect anything from me. My days are drab. It's wake up, eat, work, eat, home, eat, TV, then sleep. That's how it always is and that's how I always will be. It's such a dull life for one, but an orderly one.

January 10th, 2020

Oddly enough, something unexpected did happen today. A lunar eclipse happened in the today here in the U.K. It was indeed very beautiful. It was red, almost like a grapefruit color. It was simply magnificent.

January 11th, 2020

The local café repainted their building suddenly. I would expect for it to take days but they it all happened all while I was at work today. I don't like the new colors, I prefer the old ones. It was the original scheme and it shouldn't have changed. Just why! I should just sleep it off tonight.

January 12th, 2020

One of my colleges had dyed their hair today, another also got contacts while another one got glasses. A lot of things have changes within the past few days. It's starting to annoy me. It also is pretty strange as well. I'm sure it's all just normal though.

January 13th, 2020

My Grandma had passed away today. It was so unexpected. Nobody could have predicted this. She was fairly old, a woman of the age of 82. She just died...my mother had told me the news over the phone. I could hear her choked up voice, she was definitely sobbing heavily. I was too after she had told me. I'm still holding back tears to not ruin these pages.

January 15th, 2020

I had forgotten to write down what had happened yesterday. We only got new chairs in the office though. The funeral is planned for the 20th. This is the only funeral I will have attended besides my great grandma Jane's when I was 12, and great grandpa Paul's when I was 15. Hopefully I won't cry too much.

January 16th, 2020

There had been a house fire in the other apartment complex next door. The cause was unknown, they suspect either electrical or a cigarette. I only knew one person in there, Nancy. I met her once and never talked to her again. Her and 24 others died in that fire. This has been a vary dark week so far...

January 17th, 2020

I'm starting to be concerned, I think something is up with this city. They built a building in replace with the other apartment complex within the time I started work and left. That isn't humanly possible, is it? Maybe I'm just going insane, I haven't seen my therapist in a long time. Maybe it's not me, maybe it's the city. It can't be me. I can't be insane. I simply can't! Maybe I slept through multiple days at once. That must be it! It isn't the town or me. I've just been sleeping too much. Yes...it has to be.

January 18th, 2020

The funeral date has been changed to the 23rd, not enough time for planning so they had to push it back. I'm trying to not worry about what day it is, it will just cause me more stress and for me to worry.

January 19th, 2020

It isn't me. It is the city. I checked the date on the television. I didn't sleep through multiple days like I had thought. I need to go, I need to leave this place...if only I had the money. I'm trapped here. I don't know how long I am trapped here for but I know I will escape, this horror soon. Dear lord have mercy. Please help me...

January 22nd, 2020

I haven't gone outside in days. I've only been peeping out of my window to see outside. Everything has changed. All the buildings are new ones. There are huge amounts of new people that have moved in. I mustn't ever leave here. Maybe I will become one of them. Or worse, die like the people in the fire. I rejected going to the funeral. I can't go. It would make me vulnerable to them. Those things. It. They.

January 24th, 2020

Today's the day of the funeral. I already vowed to not go. I saw Nancy outside...it was without a doubt her. It couldn't have not been. But she died...how could this be happening?

January 25th, 2020

I tried to tell what is going on to mom, but she didn't pick up. I called every person in the family but nobody did. Then...Grandma called. It was her. Her croaky but sweet voice, the smile you thought you could feel through the phone. I shouldn't have answered it. The moment I heard a single word be spoken by her, I hung up. This can't be real. It just can't be.

January 26th, 2020

I tried dialing up my therapist today, but when I asked for him, I had been told he died 6 days ago. I can't handle this anymore. I don't know this world anymore. Is this even a world? I don't understand. I wish someone would just help me.

I woke up from a loud banging on my door. It was persistent and obnoxious. I have been desperately lonely lately. I needed someone. Anyone. I had opened the door, only to be greeted by a woman always familiar to me, Grandma. I inched my way back as she tried pulling me into a hug. I managed to swerve my way out of her reach as I started opening the window. "Come love me sunny boy," She said. I can't stand this anymore. I jumped out of the window on the 8th story of the apartment building and fell to my impending doom. At this time I was at bliss, for the last time I would ever be happy.

Right as I was about to hit the hard concrete of the sidewalk, a blackhole of darkness appeared. I went through it. Into the dark oblivion of death. Or maybe...perhaps I was always dead. I might have made a world of all my own, in which I ended up hating so much that I played god to change it, only to die in there too, Or maybe not.

(This had won 1st place in The Arts in Education contest for my school)