Chapter 18

~~~

Our flight back to Zamboanga went by smoothly and fast. As soon as we arrived our families were there to pick us up, and when I saw my parents, I was ecstatic. After a weeklong vacation away from them, it's nice to be back home.

My mom was beyond excited to hear my stories and the happenings when we were on the island. I can't wait to tell her all of those too, and also explain why I never called or texted since my phone is broken.

We drove pass Sapient University and some other buildings me and my friends usually visit if we aren't that busy. I have so many plans and goals as soon as I came back, one of them is to visit that orphanage our school helped.

Sitting in the backseat, I was busy looking around the place, as if I haven't been here for so long. My parents kept telling me about their week when I was away, and I just sat there and listened to them.

"Miss del Carmen kept calling me, saying she couldn't contact you..." My mom says, I told her about my phone and that I accidentally dropped it in the kiddie pool. "That's why we couldn't contact you as well? Let's just get you a new one."

After the long drive, I'm finally back home! I ran to Nugget, and when I was done checking on my dog, my dad helped me move my luggage upstairs to my room. I bellyflopped on my bed, I missed my room so much.

"You stay here, we're going to get you a new phone." My dad says, and they went off to find me one. I stayed in my room and tried to relax. Until I heard loud knocking downstairs, on the front door.

I went downstairs and when I opened it, it was Vrylle and her brother, I asked them to come in and gestured them to sit on the sofa. I turned the TV on and I sat beside her, to ask if ever she needed anything.

"I'm just here to invite you for dinner." She smiles at me, I looked over at her brother who's often shy and wouldn't talk. I just smiled at him and he returned one too. "My parents wanted to throw a little party since we're all back home, you know how they are. I also invited the others."

"Hello Vry!" My mom says, they just arrived and I can see her holding a box, assuming it's the new phone they got me. "What brings you here?"

"I came here to invite Rox for dinner, you can come too, if you want, auntie Ania." Vry says and my mom shook her head. "My mom would love to see you."

"Oh I can hang out with Rochel anytime I want. You kids should have fun, I wouldn't want to ruin that fun." My mom says before waving at Vry and her brother, she went upstairs to rest.

"I guess I'll see you later, Rox?" Vry says and they both went outside to go home, her brother waved at me and I gave him a small smile. "We have to go, thank you! I'll wait for you, okay?"

"Yes okay. See you later Vry, Cyean." I said, waving goodbye to them as I witness them both going in their car and as Vry's brother drove away. I closed the door, went upstairs to prepare my outfit.

My mom placed the new phone on my study table and I quickly opened the box because I couldn't wait! When I was done downloading my social media apps and logging in my accounts, I immediately messaged my friends.

To: VryCourdova

Hi, send me all of the pictures you took when we were in Siargao. :)

From: VryCourdova

New phone? Okay, sending :P

When she sent all of them, I chose the best ones and posted them on my account. After that, I placed my phone down and took a nap, just to rest and gather up enough energy for tonight since I'm heading out to have dinner at Casa Courdova.