OVA 4 The Pallum Proposal

No one's POV

Lili returned to her room shortly after Sora and Hestia told them about Bell's skills and feelings, completely forgetting to take a bath. She collapsed onto her bed right away but stayed wide awake, unable to sleep. She stared at the ceiling of her room, her brain working at full speed.

Her heart would twinge every time she closed her eyes. Even rolling over into a more comfortable position did nothing but make the sound of her rustling sheets hang in the air of her spacious room.

Other than that, the room was silent. Time crawled by as her thoughts clashed with the emotions in her heart. At long last, she climbed out of bed. The darkness of night was coming to an end. Lili left her room without a wink of sleep in the very early hours of morning.

Lili: Laughable... I have to pull myself together.

Robe draped over her usual clothes, she closed the door behind her and berated herself with a tired expression. She scolded herself over and over for getting worked up about something so trivial as she walked through the long hallway.

Lili(mind): It's only natural that someone of Master Bell's age would have a crush or two... So then, why does it bother me so much?

All members of her familia had rooms on the third floor. There were times when Welf would spend the night cooped up in the forge, but for the most part, all of them slept up there. Hestia's room was the first one at the top of the central staircase, then came Mikoto and Haruhime's double room. After that was Sora's room. And right next to him was Rin's room, who she was sharing with Muller. Welf's room was a few doors down from there...and finally Bell's.

Lili: At this rate, I'll only start getting in everyone else's way.

Lili's feet came to a stop for a moment outside his door, but she thought better of it and decided to get a drink in the kitchen. The first hints of sunrise were beginning to seep through the windows Lili lethargically made her way through the hallway...

*Whoosh! Whoosh!*

The sound of something sharp slicing through the air came from a window above the garden outside.

Lili: !!

She quickened her pace and followed the sound all the way to the window She could harely see over the windowsill when she smod on tiptoe. Once she looked down- white-haired boy appeared. She panicked and quickly ducked down to hide herself, even though she knew t wasn't necessary. A few momets passed before she ventured another peek. Her eyes peered over the windowsill once again, and she saw Bell's violet and scarlet blades carving arcs through the air, sparring with Sora. His knives sliced clash with Sora's short sword over and over again.

Lili: Oh right, is their morning training.

The boy launched his body, twisting and jumping at a furious pace all around the expansive garden. Every move flung droplets of sweat aff his body. The boy was already a second-tier adventurer, and yet he couldn't keep up with his opponent.

Lili(mind): Ahh...He lost.

The boy came to a sudden, unnatural stop. With his knives in an awkward position, he was trying to block an oncoming attack, but couldn't and his upper body was leaning backward as though there was a sword against his throat. He held that position for a few moments before he let out a "Gah!" and finally took a breath, crouching down. Hands an his knees and a small river of sweat flowing down his face, Bell's shoulders rose and fell as he tried to catch his breath.

Sora: Alright, let's take a break.

Bell: No please one more round.

Sora: Yeah, no. We've been training for awhile. You need to get your body a rest.