OVA 11 A Glimpse of the Past

No one's POV

The eastern sky is suffused with light. The songs ring out until the dawn, then fade. It is early morning, by the clock. Bathed in sunlight, Sora made for the First Graveyard, in the southeastern quarter of the city. 3 days had passed since the anniversary of the Dark Era. Sora had once again made his way towards the cemetery. This time he was alone. Since he didn't want his Familia to know about whom he was visiting. The First Graveyard—also known as the Adventurers Graveyard—was a massive cemetery filled with countless rows of gravestones just like this one. Typical gravestones, including the markers here and even the paving stones at Sora's feet, are made from white stone, which the people of the mortal world have arbitrarily come to associate with the heavens.

Sora:...

The air is very clear. It's almost chilly. Sora had bought flowers, and he lay them in front of the stone, then close his eyes. He slowly close his eyes, and slowly pray and mourn for the death heroes. Once it's all over, Sora slowly open his eyes. Sora look over his surroundings.

Sora: When was the last time I visited you both...?

Sora murmur. His feet carry him of their own accord to the center of the graveyard, and a huge monument comes into view. The first time Sora saw it was when he first joined Zeus Familia. The second time is now, 20 years later. Sora stop in front of the heroes' grave, which stands just as he remember it.

There in front of the pitch-black monument, Sora compare past with present. He had gained so many experiences. He had gotten strong enough to face monsters. He had many brushes with death. And yet, no clear answers to his question present themselves. The monument with the names of its many heroes carved in it offers him no answers.

But now Sora have the sense that the wistful feeling in his chest was everything. Sora stand in front of the monument, closing his eyes and continue to reflect on how little he knew back then.

Sora:...

(Flashback)

He could hear someone

He could hear someone. A voice was reading a story. It was a tale he knew by heart. One he'd heard time and again. It delighted him no matter how many times he listened. His mother's voice was soft, steeped in love, affection overflowing as she recited the words. She was a beautiful woman with pale skin. She still looks to be in her 20s. She has long, unkempt, pale blue hair which is tied into a right-side ponytail and blue eyes. It was none other than Sora's mother, Mio Takamiya.

 It was none other than Sora's mother, Mio Takamiya