79.Cece

Cece {unedited}

When I open my eyes, I immediately feel sick. The smell of rotting wood and fungus hits my nose making me nauseous. I lift my hand to cover my mouth but it only makes it half way.

That's when I notice the rusty metallic chains on both my wrists and ankles.

What the hell is going on ?

Shifting my body to a more comfortable position, I take that opportunity to take in my surrounding.

I'm in a room.

Four walls covered in a greyish, brownish color that I'm ninety nine percent sure is mostly dirt, a ceiling that has seen better days, and a moist cold floor that is covered in all things making me sick.

There's a closed window on the very top of the wall on my right hand side, but it's frosted, tinted and dirty making it very useless, and of course, a grey metallic door that stands directly opposite from me.

What the hell is going on ?

A shiver runs down my spine and the hair at the back of my neck almost immediately stands up.

I'm scared.

Not only for me, but also for the innocent life growing inside of me.

I hardly remember the events that led up to me being here, but one thing for sure, I know Ashlyn is not okay with me not being around.

I take in a deep breath trying to calm myself down but end up crying my eyes out.

Blame it on the pregnancy hormones.

I try to call for help in case anyone hears me but for the first time since I gained consciousness, I realize my mouth is covered with a piece of cloth.

I cry louder, harder till I feel myself slipping back into unconsciousness.

***

I wake up with a start and it takes me a minute to remember where the hell I am.

I don't know how long I've been out but my eyes are a little bit drowsy and my body very weak, probably due to the lack of food and water for days but that doesn't stop me from noticing the huge silhouette of a build man standing on the far corner of the room staring at me.

"Finally, you're awake."

The man says in a thick, gruff, southern accent and there and then, I know I've heard that voice before,

but where ?

I stare at him longingly as he slowly walks into the little light that the white single bulb in the room illuminates, revealing himself to me.

"Cece"

He says, earning a hard on stare from me.

"Boss said that's ya' name. Pretty name you got there." He continues but all I do is stare.

Seeing that I have no intention nor ability to reply to him in any manner, the guy walks towards me and completely closes the distance between us.

He reaches for me and instinctively, I flinch only to realize he was removing the piece of cloth covering my mouth.

"Ain't gonna hurt ya little lady. I've seen ya little girl and I don't want her growing without her mama. That kinda sucks for sure."

My body freezes at that little information about my life.

He knows about Ash...

...and that's when it hits me.

"I know you..." Is the first sentence I literally whisper after what seems to be hours, days, weeks ?!

"You were one of the men with the moving company helping unload my things"

The guy nods and let's out a smile.

His teeth are all brown and have mostly fallen off, making me conclude he's doing this for the money.

"Ya know what, boss wants to talk to you... asked me to pour a bucket of water over you but, I figured nah, why do that, but you sensed me and woke up."

How kind !

I almost say but then remember I'm in no position to let out sarcastic remarks.

"Why am I here ?" I shakily ask after what seems to be hours of silence.

The guy remains silent.

"How long have I been in here ?"

Silence.

"Why are you doing this ?"

Silence.

Uugh !

Letting out a tired sigh, I look down at my wrist and notice the swell on them.

How long have I been in here...

My thoughts are cut short when the guy guarding me suddenly speaks up.

"Like boss always says, throw enough money to a problem and it goes away."

Huh ?!

I'm about to ask him what he's talking about when he beats me to it.

"She wants you gone." Is all he says before walking towards the grey metallic door, unlocking it and leaving me alone.

I stare at nothing in particular thinking...

She ?!