three ཾ deals gone wrong

THREE
DEALS GONE WRONG

     DOM DROVE UP INTO A parking garage, searching for a place to hide his car

     DOM DROVE UP INTO A parking garage, searching for a place to hide his car. The eldest Toretto was well known to the police and they wouldn't hesitate to arrest Dom.

Dom pulled his jacket over his shoulders and locked his car before he wandered out of the garage. He placed his hands in his pockets and kept his head down as he walked the streets. A cop car with its sirens blaring drove past Dom and for a quick moment, Dom thought he was in the clear until the officer inside called out to him and did a U-turn toward him.

"Toretto, stop right there." The officer said aloud. Dom stopped in his tracks before planning to run down the nearest alley. The sirens rang behind him, seeming to get closer.

Meanwhile, Emery and Brian sped down the same road, their eyes scanning for Dom. "There," Emery pointed, her eyes glued onto her brother.

Brian took a sharp turn into the alley, coming to a stop just in front of Dom. "Get in," Emery climbed into the backseat, letting Dom in the front. Dom quickly slammed the door and Brian cut out into the street.

Emery leaned back into the seat, closing her eyes and tilting her head back. She'd certainly need a cigarette after this night. Dom peered back at his sister and then adverted his gaze to the flashing lights behind them.

Brian changed gears, drifting out in front of oncoming traffic. Cops were waiting for them, the cop cars came to a halt, skidding to create a wall. "Oh, shit," Emery mumbled from the back and she eyed Brian and her brother with clear nervousness.

After the way Brian raced, Emery never had much trust in him to get them out of cuffs tonight.

Brian changed gears again, dodging the line of cars and sped over the hill, ultimately losing the cops on their trail. "You're the last person in the world I expected to show up," Dom said, glancing back at Emery before continuing. "Especially with my sister."

"Yeah, well, I thought if I got in your good graces, you'd let me keep my car." Brian smiled, catching Emery in the rearview mirror for a swift second.

Dom simply shook his head. "You are in my good graces, but you ain't keeping your car." Brian got quiet. "You look like you've don't this before. What are you, a wheelman?"

Emery let out a sigh and rubbed her forehead. "Nah," he replied, sharing a gaze with Emery.

"You boost cars?" Dom interrogated. Emery groaned mentally, leaning back into the seat even more.

"Nah, never." Brian kept his eyes on the road while Dom kept his eyes on the blond.

"Ever done time?" Emery rolled her eyes. There was something about Dom, he never trusted anyone.

Brian took his lip between his teeth. "Couple overnighters," he shrugged. "No big deal."

"What about the two years in juvie for boosting cars?" Dom asked, smugly with a smirk. Emery was regretting teaching Jesse to do a full background check on people. "Huh. Tucson, right? Yeah, I had Jesse run a profile on you, Brian Earl Slipner. He'll find anything on the web, anything about anybody. So why bullshit?"