two ཾ back in business

TWO
BACK IN BUSINESS

     EMERY'S EYES SCANNED OVER THE travel guide that was in her hands, eyeing the seven wonders of the world

     EMERY'S EYES SCANNED OVER THE travel guide that was in her hands, eyeing the seven wonders of the world. As Emery continued flipping over the pages, but as Emery was about to flip the page the word Panama made her stop. Emery blinked at the page before flipping it over with haste. "What are you reading?" Brian asked, leaning forward as he looked toward Emery.

"Travel guide," she answered simply, her eyes scanning over the pages again, pushing back the distant memories. Brian reached forward, taking the book out of Emery's hands and let his own eyes scan over it.

"Tokyo, Moscow, Goa," Brian listed off as he flipped the pages, sending a smile towards Emery.

"You know what Al of there in common?" Emery asked, placing her hand on her chin. "No extradition," Brian smiled towards Emery before he leaned towards her to place a gentle kiss on her lips. As Emery pulled away, her eyes went to Mia who was sat as a tourist just one seat down from them. A gloomy feeling washed over Emery as she looked at her sister. Guilt pulsed through her veins, thinking that Emery was the reason Mia was here with them.

The train crew member caught Emery's line of sight. She looked toward Brian and smirked. "It's go time,"

Emery and Brian stood up, walking together down the narrow walkway. As they walked, Brian caught sight of the golden police badge hanging from officers' necks. Emery pushed back the uneasy feeling as she approached the crew member and intentionally bumping into him.

"Desculpa," Emery began to apologize, grabbing at his forearms, lighting pulling him to the side. Brian reached down to take the man's card and swiped it onto his phone. Transferring all the contents over to his phone.

"Excuse my, buddy," Brian said, patting the man on his back, an indication for Mia to follow them. The three walked to the back of the train cart, Mia looked at the back to see if anyone was coming. She gave Brian a nod, silently telling them no one was there. Brian took his phone from his pocket and swiped a new card on his phone, transferring the codings. He handed Emery the card to swipe it.

Brian opened the latch to another cargo hold on the train, the trio made their way into the cart. Brian pulled his phone from his pocket to dial Vince's number. "Hey, we found them. Yeah, second to the last freighter."

Emery walked over to the keys, breaking the frail glass that covered them. Brian and Emery took the keys, but paused to look at each other when they saw. "What? Mia asked, coming up to her sister. "What is it?"

"D.E.A tags," Brian answered. "These cars have been seized," Brian and Emery began to pull the covers off the cars, Mia joining them soon after. Brian cut the last ratchet strap from the car as sparks began to fly into the train cart. A cut out of the side of the cart began to form, the small rays of sun slowly filled the room. The metal began to deteriorate, and the small seams gave out, letting the side to fly off.