nine ཾ you're dead to me

NINE
YOU'RE DEAD TO ME

    THE SUN HAD SET, AND the moon had risen, the sky was littered with stars

THE SUN HAD SET, AND the moon had risen, the sky was littered with stars. Emery placed her jacket over her shoulder as she stepped out of the trailer and into the cool air and went towards her brother.

"Emmy?" Brian called out stepping into the trailer where he had just seen her. He searched around, finally peering out the back window.

"I have respected you with everything and I haven't said shit and now I'm asking you not to go," he heard Mia plead. Emery and Mia stood around her brother, tears clouding Mia's vision and Emery stood crewing on her lip.

"Mia," Dom sighed. "I'm doing this for all of us."

"No, don't give me that crap. You're doing this for you," Mia scoffed, ripping her arms from Dom and storming away. Emery turned towards her brother.

"Dom, maybe Mia's right," Emery added, her arms folding across her chest.

"Don't start with me, Emery," Dom dismissed. The rest of the team stared at the siblings intently.

"Jesus, Dom," Emery shook her head that was filled with annoyance. "You don't have Jesse and you don't have me. If anything could go wrong, it will."

"Don't give me that pessimistic bullshit now," Dom turned his back to Emery, who shook her head and left without another word.

"Maybe we should listen to them, Dom," Leon said, just above a whisper.

"Get the cars ready," Dom ordered the others. They never said another word except they watched Emery disappear.

Emery let her eyes scan the crowd in front of her, looking for Mia. "Emmy!" Brian called out, leaving the trailer and chasing after her. "What's going on?"

"What?" Emery shook her head, Brian's words jumbling in her mind as she continued to look for Mia.

"You know what I'm talking about," Brian said, a hit of urgency in his voice. Brian took Emery's hand and stopped her.

"No, I don't," she exclaimed with a lie. She took her arm from Brian's grasp and continued to walk.

"What, so your sister always has tears in her eyes when Dom drives away?" Brian snapped. Emery turned towards him, a frustrated look written on her face.

"What the fuck is the matter with you?" Emery inquired as she studied his change in behaviour.

"Come on! What's your brother racing off in the middle of the night for?" Brian wanted to tell her everything he had done. Tell her about Bilkins, the trucks and how much he loved her without breaking her heart into a million pieces. "I'm talking about the trucks. You know about the trucks?"

"No, Brian! What trucks, Jesus?" Emery scoffed at him, walking faster. Brian reached out to grab her arm. Emery spun around, her eyes looking towards Brian's grip on her arm then to him. "What?"