Chapter 6 Journey

『Eren p.o.v,』
Not even a few days later a list of witches were given to me.
Surprisingly not many have appeared. I walk out of my room and walk into the dungeon. It's Hanji's laboratory.
"Hanji!" I yell out for her.
"Yes Eren?" She pops her head out of a suspiciously dark corner. Very suspicious...
"Time to head out." I turn to leave and I can hear her follow suit. We go outside and head for the main gates, horses already prepared. I mount my horse, Clyde.
"Let us be off!" I yell out and the horses take off running. I am only taking Hanji with me. No other should know about what I'm doing. As we ride through the village and visit every witch, I notice most of them are young....too young.
As we approach the last house, with the last witch in the nearest village, I stop to take a deep breathe. I know what I need to ask now. Hanji knocks on the door and yet another young lady appears.
"I knew you were coming."
"Oh? Then do you know why we are here?" I ask cockily.
"Yes." She looks rather worried. Good. She should be.
"Tell me the oldest living witch that is in the farthest village. I know you know. All witches are connected."
She seems appalled that I know. Stupid witch of course I know. She explains to me what I want to know and we begin our journey for the old witch. I stare up at the sky and see two white doves flying above. I suddenly feel my eyes filling with tears and quickly wipe them away. My old life. My new one. Was it all worth it? Yes. I wouldn't give a second of it up because it is intertwined with Levi. I'm a step closer to saving you! Just wait for me! Wait!