Chapter 10 Wake up

『Levi p.o.v.』
I was suddenly thrown back into darkness. I don't understand what I did, whether it was wrong or right, but I'm back again. I reach up to touch my face expecting to feel the threads on my mouth yet u don't feel them. I only feel my lips. No threads.
Ba-bump
Ba-bump
What is this? This beating inside my chest? My heart. I haven't felt it in a long time it seems. I feel a heavy weight on my eyes. I have a strong urge to open them. To see what's in front of me. I open my eyes. What do I see? A ceiling. One I know all too well. I'm in my castle. I slowly sit up and see white roses fall off of me and onto more roses on the bed and on the roses on the floor. Why is there so many white roses? It's like a sea of them in here. My eyes quickly find a path made from the bed to the door. Someone must have been placing them here for me. While I was asleep. Eren. I bet it was Eren. I feel my lips curve into a small smile at the though of his name and him bringing me roses. I slowly get up, wondering if my legs will give out, yet they do not. I stand strong. I slowly creep to the door and try to open it. I cannot. It appears to me locked from the outside. I look around and see dust over most of the things in here, including the roses. My memories of what happened suddenly came flooding back like a waterfall that has been dying to rage for years. I start to cry. Silently cry. Before I beat on the door, I hear the lock click and see a woman open it with a shocked expression to see me.
Hanji Zoë.
That crazy shitty four eyes.
Relief washes over her face and she hugs me tightly. Tears fall on my clothes.
"It worked. I can't believe it worked. If only Eren could be here." She sobs more on me until I push her back gently and look her in the eye.
"How long have I been asleep?"
"50 years. Eren and I have been taking care of things and he has been bringing roses to you."
"Where is he now?"
She didn't reply.
"Hanji. Tell me."
"He really loves or..loved you. He isn't the same Levi. He has changed."
I started to walk past her.
"I thought I couldn't be woken from the slumber?"
"Well, Eren found a witch that did but it was at a price. A very high price indeed."
"What price?"
Yet again she didn't reply.
"Damn it Hanji, What price did Eren pay?!"
"His sanity. He doesn't remember us probably. I do believe he is slaughtering people out of rage."
I feel my stomach drop. A horrible feeling washed over me. I start to run through the castle trying to get outside. When I burst through the gates I see a man covered in blood standing there. Crazed look in his eyes. Once he noticed me, He started laughing. A horrible laugh. He started to slowly approach me, sword in his hand. After a moment, I saw his face. Eren. My Eren.
He started to walk faster but paused once he got a couple of feet away.
"Le...vi?"
I nod with tears staining my cheeks.
"Le..vi....wake? Better....now?" I nod and start to cry.
He seems relief and then his face hardened.
"Levi...must...kill...Eren...can't...be saved...."
I feel my heart break. I knew this would happen. There was no other way. I feel cheated. We should have had more time. He hands his sword to me which I take. I nod and cry more.
"I love you Eren. I swear I'll join you soon."
"Eren...loves....Levi.."
I drive the sword through his heart. I pull out quickly and look away. I hear his body fall to the ground motionless. I cry hard and loud. I fall to the floor and hold his body close to mine. I start to mutter nonsense to myself.
I have to join him.
I have to be with him.
I slowly take the sword and point it at my heart.
The last thing I saw was Hanji running at me screaming. The last thing I felt was the pain of dying.
The first thing I see when I reopen my eyes?

Eren.
I have joined you.

〔End〕
Sorry this was tragic.
I'm so sorry.
I am a murderer of feels.
I love all my readers and thank you for sticking with me through this story.
I am thinking about writing a new story, and Ereri.
Rest assured it won't be as tragic or bloody.
Thank you once more for reading.
Always yours,
Kui.