Bad day 2

"Talk about the devil and he appears." My dad says and I feel shy.
"Good evening sir" I see Khalil prostrate
"Good evening" my dad walks to the door and exits, he leaves it open then closes it then repeats the action at least 4 times before finally telling me that he would make sure both our dinners are brought upstairs and then he shuts the door. Khalil's hand flies to his chest in horror, I can literally see his chest move up and down.
"When did you change dinner time?" He asks
"You know our dinner time?" We hear from the other side of the door and both our eyes widen in shock
"Uh, n-no, I mean y-yes Tiara and I, we like sir we were gisting and our family dinner times were mentioned." I knew my dad found this funny and I did as well, I laughed at Khalil who instantly felt embarrassed, his dimples showing.
"Your garri holes are showing" I say
"Leave the poor dimples" he jokes making me laugh. He suddenly pulls me close "you were crying and about me" he says
"I thought I was pregnant" I joke
"Tiara" he says in understanding. Did he not get my joke? "As good and humanly perfect you are," he caresses my waist ", I am so sorry dear but you're not Mary." We both begin to laugh and that's when I hear my dad's foot steps, so he was eaves dropping? "Tell me" he says, his forehead on mine. I can feel his breath mingle with mine.
I shut my eyes and try not to think of his lips "Today is just annoying abeg, from our petty fight, to Ore seeing the drugs, to my mother coming. I just hate th-" I am cut off by Khalil's lips on mine, this kiss is different than any other,  it's slow and desperate and it says so many things, it's like we're communicating with each other. His hands are on my waist and mine around his neck and I can only think of him. I want him close although there is no physical space between us. His hands move up as mine move down and at this point I can't  even think of stopping not even to catch my breath. Khalils hands remain up making me feel things I've never felt, when they finally come back down and keep going down, I know we have to stop, my brain tells me to stop but my heart is shouting and screaming for something else. Khalil pulls me closer if that's possible and his lips stop moving, mine dont though. I'm almost begging him to kiss back but he doesn't, I kiss him harder, biting his lip so he responds but nothing and I know I seem desperate and needy but I was and could care less, he slowly pushed me away. I look at him breathing hard and panting, he is also breathing hard.
"I shouldn't have kissed you. I'm sorry" he whispers
"I kissed back"
"It doesn't matter, we should stop this like we agreed."
"Why?" I ask but it's almost like my heart is the one talking
"Because, it's not right. This," he gestures to both of us ", it may lead to more than we can handle." At that moment I see it clearly, Khalil cared, he cared about me, he cared about us. I nod my head and he brings me close placing a gentle kiss on my brow. "Sit and pour out your feelings to me." He says
I sit and narrate everything that happened today to Khalil including how stupid he is for making us fight.

Minutes later, Ore comes in with two bowls of food.
"This is why you're refusing to eat dinner with us?" She asks angrily
"Oreee" I drag the e
"Don't Ore me, we haven't seen our mother in how long and you ditch her for someone you see everyday of your life, someone that acted stupid and bratt-"
"Ore can you not?" I say
"Can I not what? Tell you the truth?"
"Ore you don't know anything, just leave"
"Well done, you that knows it all" she says kissing her teeth and banging the door. Khalil hugs me .

Hi guys so good news, we're approaching the end of the book as it is supposed to be a short book. Don't worry we still have a few chapters left.