💜The final...💜

⨂Present day⨂.

For the last four days, David was as comfortable as a king. He had food thrice a day regularly. He was given his parachute canopy to sleep on and they did not touch him at all.

In fact, if it were not for the armed man who came in with the food, he would have thought they are a peaceful tribe. The armed guard actually made sense when David thought about it. They would probably go through the same thing in any country where he arrived without permission. They had probably not seen a white man before and were not sure what he was.

David was not afraid anymore. He had started talking to the man who brought him his food. He started off talking softly with a lot of smiles. Yesterday they had shook hands. He tried to find out the man's name, but could not understand his language. But the other man smiled back and chattered away in a strange language.

David also eagerly looked forward to the food. In fact, he liked the meat a lot. It was soft and chewy and the gingery flavour exploded in his mouth.

There was nothing violent about them. Sometimes, he saw a few children looking at him through the bushes. He waved at them and the children ran off screaming and laughing.

⨂In the evening⨂.

David decided that after a few more days, he would convince them to let him out of the makeshift prison. 

He would probably live there for a few weeks and then begin a trek back to civilisation. He wondered which direction he would head off to. He will have to figure out which country he was in before he started his journey. But he had no worries he had plenty of time to think about it.

Just then, his new friend stepped into the clearing with the same bowl and slab of rock. He placed them on the ground in front of David and smiled at him. David smiled back and waved. The man waved back and stepped out of the opening and shut it.

David finished off the meat strips and picked up the bowl. He drank some of the liquid before picking out the meat. The first piece was slender and he turned it around. His eyes fell wide open. 

He dropped the bowl and the meat and started screaming. He couldn't stop screaming...David couldn't take his eyes off it...Those are...

the same garish blue nails...

.⨂__END__⨂.

Word count-417(including this).