Chapter Three

You were hogtied by Striker as he rode his horse away from the farm. The ride on the horse was rough as you heard the hooves clomping on the ground. It seemed like the ride took forever before he stopped at a motel in the middle of nowhere. Judging based on the rural surroundings, you could tell that you were still in the wrath ring. Striker tied his horse to a post in the back of the motel where it wouldn't be visible to people passing by. He left you hogtied on the horse for a few minutes.

"Wait here." He ordered. Not like you had much of a choice. You thought he was probably going to the front desk to pay for a night or two, however long he was planning on keeping you there with him. He returned after a few minutes with the key to a room. He helped you off the horse and put a finger over your lips.

"Not a word as we walk to the room, understood?" He hinted to his gun, alluding that he would shoot if you made any noise or cry for help. You nodded as you felt your pulse heighten. He lead you to the motel room he had rented out and tied you to a chair that was in the room. He sat on the bed and used the room's phone to make a phone call to someone you didn't know.

"I failed to kill the target at the festival. But don't worry ma'am. It won't happen again." You couldn't hear the person on the other end and wondered who had hired Striker to try and kill Stolas. Not that it was uncommon for citizens and sinners of Hell alike to want overlords and royalty to die, but you wondered who was ballsy enough to hire someone to do the job.

"Understood. I'll get 'em next time." He hung up the phone and twirled his gun a few times.

"Why did you take me?" You decided to ask.

"Because you could be of some use to me." He smirked.

"How so?" He smirked and stood up, making his way over to where you were tied up.

"You would make a perfect spy so that I can succeed in killing the target next time. That and I want to get revenge on IMP and your rodeo clown of a boss."

"And what the hell makes you think I would do that for you?" Striker got really close as he spoke his next words. He held the pistol up to your temple, making your heart race.

"Because I have a gun to your head. That and I know something no one else is telling you." You hesitated before responding to him.

"What do you mean you know something no one else is telling me?" He chuckled as if he was mocking you, pissing you off.

"What's so funny, cowboy?" You mocked back.

"The fact that you don't know...there's a huge secret about you that everyone knows, including Blitzo, but it's the reason he won't let you go on missions. I know this secret, but how do you expect me to tell you if you're dead? Get the picture?" He traced the gun around from your temple to your forehead. You nodded and he grinned as he slowly moved the gun away from your head.

"First you're going to do everything I tell you. When you've given me enough of the information I need to know, then I'll tell you about the secret." You stayed silent. You knew there was no way around this.

"Here's how this is going to work. I'm going to let you go. You're going to return to that jackass of a boss and tell him that you kicked my ass and escaped. You will return here to report to me once every two weeks with the information I need from you. This will be anything about Stolas, his abilities and his whereabouts as well as any information about IMP." He leaned in close.

"And in case you get any ideas about returning with reinforcements or not returning at all..." He whispered in your ear before sinking his fangs into your neck. You winced at the sudden pain and felt a shiver go down your spine.

"Feel that shiver down your spine? That's not just lust making you feel that way. That would be the venom starting to drip through your veins. I'm the only one who knows the antidote. Report back alone with information or you'll be dying a very intense, slow and painful death darlin'." You sneered at the information you'd been given. Who did this bastard think he was ordering you around? You had no choice but to comply but that didn't mean you liked it. He began to untie you and held the gun back up to you, leading you to the door.

"It's been a pleasure doin' business with ya darlin'. Until next time." He slammed the door behind you. You ran your fingers over the fang marks and couldn't help but feel your frown in your throat.