My Dog Likes You

MY DOG LIKES YOU : PERCABETH AU

Percy was grimacing as his dog started pulling on her leash, strained pants escaping her muzzle. He wasn't blind - he could see the pretty blonde jogging down the path - but that didn't mean he was going to let Mrs O'Leary go near her.

"Mrs O'Leary," he chided, but the dog didn't listen. Not for the first time, Percy regretted buying a Saint Bernard rather than a golden retriever. "Heel, girl."

He let out a cry as she lurched forward, pain shooting through his shoulder. The lead slipped off his wrist after being dragged a few feet, and Mrs O'Leary bounded towards the blonde jogger.

"Mrs O'Leary!" Percy yelled, but he quickly bit down on his lip as pain shot through his arm.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" a voice asked, and he looked up to see the blonde woman. "Is this your dog?"

He looked beside her and saw Mrs O'Leary sitting, her mouth open and her tongue lolling out.

"Yeah," he said, wincing as he pushed himself up. "I'm really sorry, she's not very obedient."

The blonde smiled. "She's cute. What's her name?"

"Mrs O'Leary," he said, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. "I got her off a friend after he passed away."

The blonde seemed to pick up on the pain he was in, because she frowned. "Are you sure you're okay? Your shoulder doesn't look right."

"Oh," he said. "Do you possibly have a car or something? I think she pulled my arm out of its socket."

The blonde's eyes widened in surprise, and Percy couldn't help but notice how pretty they were.

"Yeah," she said, and he heard the jingle of keys as she reached into her pocket. "Come on, I'll take you to the hospital."

__

"Took you long enough," she said, smiling as he walked out of the hospital. She was standing beside his dog, her grey eyes twinkling.

"You could've done it yourself," he said, remembering the reception the woman had got when she arrived. "Doctor Chase."

She pulled a face. "Don't remind me. I much prefer architecture. What do you do, Mr Jackson?"

He grimaced. "It's Percy. And I'm a marine scientist. Helping dolphins and all that."

She laughed, handing Mrs O'Leary back to him. "Well then, Percy, I'll see you sometime soon."

He frowned as she began walking away, but he was too scared to shout after her. A chime told him someone had text him.

"Annabeth?" he said, his brows creasing in confusion at the unfamiliar name. As he checked the contact, a smile stretched across his face.

There she was, smiling as she posed next to Mrs O'Leary. She must've taken it while he was getting his shoulder put back. He quickly checked the text and his smile turned into a full-blown grin.

Meet me in the park tomorrow with your dog. That thing loves me. Adios, Seaweed Brain