2: Blue Lock starts Now!

After a few hours the busses arrived at a pentagon-shaped building surrounded by mountain-high walls labeled with its name, Blue Lock.
When the busses stopped, everyone began pushing each other out of the way to get into the building.

At the entrance, Teieiri Anri was positioned to collect everyone's phones and other things that allowed communication to the outside world.
I sighed in disappointment as I could not contact any of my friends in Germany anymore.
She looked over a list and then looked at me again.
"You're in the 5th annex in team Z. Just go straight and turn right. Here's your uniform.", she grabbed a blue-ish uniform from a stacked pile of them to give it to me along with a badge and I gratefully took it.

I had never imagined to travel to Japan for a training camp.
Just as I was about to enter a very familiar guy stopped me.
"Hi there!~", it was Mister-who-bumped-into-me and annoyed during the whole duration of the bus ride and he looked fairly amused.
I just ignored him and continued on.
"Well hopefully I'll see you again!~", he winked at me.

After turning right I could see doors which were labeled with letters.
"Z...Z... where's Z?", I walked until the end of the corridor and finally found it.
I pushed the door open and saw a few guys already chatting and some others still changing.
I quietly sneaked in and went to the lockers to change.
I stole a glance at a guy who was apparently sleeping on the floor?
Are these people for real?

"Oh my... Aren't you Kira Ryousuke? The Jewel of Japan?", a bald guy asked this Kira.
"Well yes I am..."
"It's soo nice to meet you! I am Igarashi Gurimu and I am taking part in Blue Lock because I don't want to inherit the temple of my family! My dad says I don't have to as long as I become a pro football player! That's why I was so excited when I heard Ego talking!"
Apparently he was also talking to the blue eyed and black haired guy who ran after me when we left the gates. "Wow it's the Jewel in the flesh!", he excitedly shakes Kira's hand.

I took the uniform and put it on. On the badge I previously received from Teieiri Anri I found a number on my arm indicating a ranking of some sorts. 290? That's very low...
As everyone settled in, the monitor on the wall turned on with a brief flash.

"Listen up, you unpolished gems.
As of this moment, everyone in this room will be teammates and rivals. Your rankings have been determined according to my personal evaluation which are shown as a number on your uniforms. That way you will be able to see right away where you've placed under the rankings. Note that the rankings will change daily according to the results of the matches and your training sessions. In six months time the top 5 players will be participating as a part of the U-20 national team in the World Cup. Right away you'll be tested in a preliminary elimination round. You'll be doing something similar to a training that even international football players use. You'll be playing 'tag'."

"What does he mean with 'tag'?", the monk-like guy questioned.
"The one with the lowest number will be starting out as the 'it'. You'll receive the ball in the beginning and your goal is to shoot somebody else with the ball so that they become the next 'it'. You're not allowed to use your hands to touch the ball, anything else goes.
There will be a timer counting down from 2:16 minutes, approximately 136 seconds. When the end is reached the current 'it' will be eliminated.
Don't forget, once you loose in Blue Lock your football career will be over. So do your best out there!"

Ego's face disappeared, being replaced with a timer as a football dropped down from the ceiling.

On the monitor the name of the current 'it' also appeared: Igarashi Gurimu (300)

"Huh, right I'm dead last. Now's the time to prove myself! No hard feelings, right?"
The door was locked so the only way out, was to survive this game of tag.
Right after the whistle Igarashi tried shooting people who were standing in little groups.
This led his eyes to a black-haired guy, Kira and 2 others.
His attention was more focused on number 299 because compared to the others the black-haired guy was the closest in terms of ranking to Igarashi ranking 300.