3: the game

the game

it was the day of the game and the whole group of friends were all equally excited. paul gave them clothes to wear for the show, he called them uniforms. the girls wore black shorts with a white t-shirt while the boys wore the same thing except that the shorts were replaced with black jeans.

"i'm so excited," cassey blurted out as she gave wendy a grin, since they were in the same group. "we're so gonna win this."

"nah, lia and i are totally gonna win, am i right?" naomi said as she tied her dark brown, silky hair into a high ponytail.

"we're gonna beat you little babies," lia laughed. "both of ya'll aren't as brave as naomi and i," she said with a smirk.

"we'll prove you wrong!" wendy said and rolled her eyes as she slipped on her shirt.

they were told that the game was going to last for a week and each day a person will be eliminated.

"thank god we're in the same team, huh mate?" ashton said as he flopped on his bed since he was all ready for the game.

"i agree," calum chuckled. "it'd be kinda hard if we were in different groups, honestly," calum said.

"well, i have lukey," michael smiled and wrapped his arm around luke's shoulder as he gave luke a tight squeeze.

"you sound gay, stop," luke said as a laugh escaped his lips.

"i am," michael said and wiggled his eyebrows, making the others gasped. "no, no! i was just kidding, oh god," he said with a laugh. "i have a girlfriend!"

brad, being paul's only assistant started knocking on their doors and telling them to follow him. like the usual, the boys would always be the ones who were done first, so they waited outside the girls room with brad crossing his arms against his chest, feeling impatient.

"are you done yet?" brad huffed.

"okay, okay, we're done," naomi said and walked out of the room as the others followed behind her.

again, they had to use the elevator and luke was whining about how much he hated it. he fiddled with his fingers as he squinted his eyes shut until they finally arrived at the floor.

"it felt like centuries to get up here," luke groaned.

"psht, you won't be staying any longer anyways," brad said.

"what?" ashton asked in confusion.

"hmm? i didn't say anything," brad shrugged making the others scrunch their eyebrows together in confusion. "now, the game will be starting, lets go," he said and opened the door, leading the group of eight in.

"mom?" michael shrieked and waved at his mom who was sitting on one of the vip seats there.

"michael!" she said and stood up as michael quickly walked to her and gave her a hug.

"mikey," he heard a voice said and he let go of his mom, seeing his girlfriend there.

"you came," he smiled cheerfully.

"of course, i wanna see you win this," she grinned and gave michael a tight hug. "now, go on, have fun with your friends," she said with a smile on her face.

michael nodded and walked away as he observed the others meeting their family members or friends. he smiled at the sight of how happy they are and walked towards brad who was calling them to come to him.

"to all the contestants! please come here, i have to give you some info on what to do!" he shouted as the others waved goodbye to their families and friends, and walked towards brad.

"okay, i'm sure you know how this game works, right? pick between two envelopes and such. so, you'll have to do your dare in the middle of the platform there," he said and pointed to a square, white platform that was situated there. "team white will be standing at the white part of the room while team black will be standing at the black part, understand?" he asked as the others nodded their heads. "the game is already starting now, get in your teams," he said and clapped his hands.

cassey, wendy, ashton and calum went to the black part of the room since they were in the team black while lia, naomi, michael and luke went to the white part of the room since they were team white.

paul walked in all of a sudden and walked to the square platform with a microphone in his hand. brad brought in a table, filled with black and white envelopes. he placed the table beside paul and paul mumbled a thank you to him.

"hello, everyone," paul smirked and scanned the little crowd.

calum realised that there were no other audiences, no cameras, just their families and friends. that seemed pretty odd. it was a game show, why are there no cameras? he snapped his head to the so called audience and saw that brad, and two other men that were dressed just like him, placing a barrier in front of the seats that the audience were in. the barriers were metal and it seemed heavy.

"this, is not an ordinary game," paul chuckled.

"what do you mean-" cassey spoke but paul cut her off.

"shh," he said. "now, if you please, i'd like you to look at your, audience," paul chuckled.

all of them looked towards them and saw that all of their families and friends were tied to the chairs. well, not with ropes, but with thick belts that made them stuck there. the belts were across their waist and arms, making them all terrified.

"why are we tied?" they heard liz, luke's mom asked in fear.

paul rolled his eyes and chuckled. "there is no going out, here," he smirked and cleared his throat. "okay, the game shall begin."

wendy was already terrified with what was happening. she saw her parents, giving her sad smiles while she looked down to her feet, wondering why paul did that. maybe, this game show was a bad idea.

"we're starting with the first person standing in team black," he smirked. "cassey," paul spoke.

cassey nodded her head as she licked her bottom lip nervously, looking straight at paul who had such a mischievous grin on his face.

"i'm..." she said. "i'm ready," she nodded.

"please, walk to this platform," paul said as he tapped his foot on the platform, impatiently waiting for her.

she hesitantly walked towards him and stood on the platform, as a freaky smile crept on paul's chapped lips.

"black or white?" he asked.

cassey swallowed the lump in her throat as she took a glance of her dad, being tied on his seat. then, she took a glance of her friends on both the black and white team, as they gave her a reassuring smile while cassey let out a soft breath.

"white."