Chapter 4: A Mighty Awakening

Many of you may know of or have been to the Brownsville Revival, one of the longest running revivals in all of history from 1995-2000. I haven't been there, but I've been watching the videos on YouTube like crazy. Anyway, thousands upon thousands came to that revival and was drawn by the presence of God and lives were changed. There was no religion involved. It was a God-planned awakening. Laughter in the spirit, people wailing, dancing, singing, shouting. All of God was there.

We must take to heart that there are hungry and thirsty people that are sick and tired of living in sin. It's time that the church stops pretending to be the church and starts being the church that will be real with our generation. We can't stand around doing nothing when we have lives to reach out to. I'm telling you, friend, God loved the world so much that He gave His only begotten that whoever (not whatever), but whoever believes in Him will not perish, but will have eternal life. (John 3:16 paraphrased)
When will the church quit giving people what they want to hear and tell what they need to hear? Life is so short, friend. There are people that are depending on us to be real with them. With God's help, we can.