Don't ask

"Hafu, when you go see him, please don't ask about Mimi," DK said. Hafus's eyes told it all, she was going to ask no matter what. And she went in, gently brushing hair from Steve's eyes

"Steve, who is Mimi?" She asked. Steve tensed up at the name, tears filling his eyes and anger flooded his body.

"How fucking dare you!" He hissed, causing Hafu to step back in pure shock. Steve was rarely angry, much less when he was in the medbay.

"Steve-"

"Don't you ever mention her again!" Steve screamed, alerting Janet and Kimi who both rushed over. They quickly restrained the man who fought against them Janet sedated him, watching as he went limp

"What the hell?" Apollo asked, glancing at his leader. Hafu shook her head and they left the medbay. DK obviously knew something they didn't and it was important for them to find out who Mimi was

"Dakotaz," Hafu said as she and 5up found the wizard, Apollo had walked off somewhere. He was in his bedroom, Scott wasn't around, making this a lot easier. A small purple flame danced around his fingers as he played with it, closing his fist as they came in.

"What?" He snapped a little, knowing they were about to push him for answers

"DK, Steve freaked out when Mimi was mentioned. What happened to her?"

"I said not to ask. It's a sensitive topic to him," DK snapped, magic swirling a little around him.

"But you mentioned it before-" 5up started to say before a very angry wizard cut him off.

"And look where that got us," he hissed. "Get out," DK said and they did. When magic swirled around DK it was a signal to listen. It was his emotions.

DK was pissed off, but oddly enough he wasn't mad at Steve. No, now he was annoyed at Hafu for doing that to Steve. For bringing up the memories. He knew he needed to make sure Steve was fine, but he also needed Steve to calm down.

When Scott came in, they curled up together. DK held Scott close, while his mind raced. Why was he so stupid? He knew better than to mention Mimi, he knew better than to yell at Steve

But the damage had since been done. Steve lay in the medbay, feeling numb as Apollo stroked his hair gently. He wanted to snap, tell Apollo to fuck off and go away. But he didn't.

Maybe it was because he felt high on the drugs, on the painkillers. But the rush of being high came flooding back and he let better. He felt normal. Apollo was speaking, but he was too far away to tell what he was saying. Well, that's what it felt like at least.

The rest of the crew was confused and worried. Steve had just tried to kill himself with drugs he shouldn't even have. And DK was obviously hiding something about Steve, and why didn't Apollo understand what was happening?

And DK was absolutely pissed, when someone came in and attempted to ask about Mimi, he snapped at them. Telling them to leave him alone about it.

Eventually the crew gave up, after less than two full days.