Sand in the Desert

"Today marks one year since the death of the Neon Underwearman. The said vigilante was brutally murdered by one of the many mobs of Gotham, the identity of whom is still unknown. In the name of his legacy, we have the neighborhood people telling us their memories with him" Vici Vale passes over the mic to Dora Montana, a old black woman probably in her mid 50s

"The man was strict on his morals. He had a code. Whatever happens, he'd not break it. It's hard to find someone like him in this city y'know! He was a Good kid. He believed in people, even the worst of the kinds. It was this moment once about 5-6 years ago when caromina felokenny's men abducted people from all the families from my society threatening them to empty the apartments. The mob lad wanted to construct his own money machine there while making all of us homeless. I was also among the ones they took. We all were so scared until we saw the Neon flashing light of Neon Underwearman's trunks and we were all relieved with hope. We knew he'd save us. He beat the thugs and freed us but there was one remaining. One of them thugs had one of the young gals at his knife point.
He said, "Get back you son of a *beep* or I'll kill her. Believe me I will do it!"

And there he was with his hard rough manly voice, "NO SON! YOU WON'T! I BELIEVE THERE'S GOOD IN YOU SON! BE THE BETTER PERSON. YOU AND I CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE"
The thug lad wouldn't buy it. He looked at this all black suit and thought to be real rude that day, as if he already wasn't. "Just get the F#©¥ Outta here Ni***. I swear I'd put this knife through her!"

Neon was scared, I could see his hands shaking. His neon trunks often react to his Mental state as if they were an inseparable part of his body, I had heard that. I saw that happen for the first time. The trunks were blinking on and off. He knew the convincing wasn't gonna work. The thug went to stab the girl with the knife and in an instant, there was no knife in the thugs hand and he was screaming. That was when I realized how fast his reflexes were. He managed to break the guy's wrist in a moment. And then he kicked him. And started punching him. But all the thug did was laugh. He knew about the code. Everyone did. He knew he wasn't gonna die.

"WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?"

"You can try all you want neon, I've my dinner reservations booked already. Coz you don't have the balls to end this here itself."

He punched him. "JUST BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN YOU MEANS I AIN'T GOT THE BALLS? I AM JUSTICE AND I AM NOT BLIND SIMPLY FOR BELIEVING IN A BETTER TOMORROW"
He punched him more. I could feel the rage.

"you won't kill me, I am your best friend" hahahaha

"NO I WON'T. WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVOKE ME? DO YOU NOT WANNA LIVE A GOOD LIFE? LIFE OF HONOR?"

"Honor? In this scumhole? No thank you hahahahaha"

He broke the guy so much he could Barely move. But he didn't kill him. He believed the guy could change. And that makes all the difference..he's an inspiration. Yes what the thugs did was horrible and even though I'm a victim, I wouldn't wanna see them dying.. We can't give them their lives back so taking them isn't something we have the authority to do either. I believe in neon underwearman."

"Well that was beautiful, Dora. These local vigilantes do make us believe that we all are heroes and that we together can make a difference." Vici said with a hopeful smile.

Cut to Perry Wong, the news spokesperson.
"As of now, there's also a parade going on on the streets carried on by the local people dressed as neon. Some of the girls are not wearing anything except neon underwears. The sight is beautiful. (chuckles) but we probably cannot show this without censoring"
Before Perry could show the footage, Kyle faded off the TV.

"Why do you have all these old news recordings?" Donna, who was sitting beside Kyle asks him.

"they're funny"

"Death and inspiration is funny?"

"yeah because this is what we are. Jokes"

Donna didn't disagree. Even at the end of the world, she understood that heroes were nothing but jokes. That their optimistic beliefs are the reason they fall and that they fail. She was glad for sure never shared the non existent hope and optimism for a better world. She knew the world would be dust someday for that's how the divided are fated to end.
She undressed her armor and stood at the top of the cliff. She then took off her tiara and her gauntlets and placed it above the breastplate. The sand flew around her. She could feel the hot winds formed out of the fire pits. There could be an attack at any moment now, she knew it. But she wanted to remind herself that she's more than the guard she wore. More than the weapon she held. She was a Goddess. She was an Amazon. However she was raised, she understood that the reason this all happened wasn't because of the world of men or because of the Amazons or because of Her tribe of Amazons from Bana Mighdall but because of the collective failures of all of the tribes. Had they been United, there'd have been a strong chance of them winning over the enemy from the stars. The first generation won because even though they had their differences, they stood United in front of the enemy. The age of heroes, gone like sand in the desert.