Past is Prologue

It's the Darkest Hour of the night. The world is about to come to an end. Our very own, king of the seven seas, is going to end the world. Everything we know, is going to vanish, in a flash.

Lightning strikes. Barry Allen crawls towards Thomas Wayne. Thomas is severely injured. He has the will to be a Green Lantern but he never became one because of his fury that competes with none other than Atrocitus, the Lord of the Red lanterns. But will simply won't help him stand on his feet, his time will come before the world ends, he's certain of that.
"Barry... " he calls out.
Barry Reaches out to him. He's still not recovered from the leg injury that the reverse flash Gave him.
Thomas Reaches for his utility belt and hands him a Letter. For Bruce.
Barry understands the gesture. He knows Thomas isn't going to make it. But he's a man, he hopes.
"Dr. Wayne... " Barry confronts him. Hoping to keep His will alive for some more time so that he can save them both and in turn, everybody.

"You can save those dying right now Barry. You can save millions that have died already And you need to do it Before your Time runs out. Before your memory runs out." Said Thomas. His gut poking him at every word.

Barry has never known himself to be someone who would give up when innocent lives are at a stake. He's brainstorming right now to find out a way to stop what's happening. He knows it's too late, but giving up is not something he's very good at.
"But how can I run away knowing that all of you are gonna die in here? I need to figure out a way to save you. To save all of you."

Thomas understands him, after all the time he spent with Barry, he understands that whatever happens, Barry won't give up. But he also understands that he HAS to give up, for the greater good. He tries confronting Barry, it's hard to talk but he has to for this is bigger than him, this is bigger than all of humanity.
"Barry, Listen to me...."
He gently places his hand over Barry's. "This world can go. But the world you came from, it's the one that you can still save. This world was never meant to be..."

Barry is in tears. He knows Thomas is right. He knows he's too late.
The bomb goes off. Barry looks at it, in slow motion. Yet it feels like even slow motion couldn't slow it down for him. He has so little time left. In moments, everything here will perish. There will be nothing but ashes. Remains of a civilization.

"...I was never meant to be... "

Barry tries to run, yellow lightning surrounds him. He Stumbles, but tries to run.

"...You can save Everyone. You can save my son. You have a chance Barry, a chance to make it all Right. And I know you will
..."

He manages to open the speedforce. The lightning around him changes to blue. His speed increases...and so does the pain. The bomb explosion is fast, everything behind him is already perished. He doesn't look back, that would only makes him slow.

"...Go, make a better world than mine. Run, Barry.... "

As soon as he enters the speedforce, the portal closes. And the world perishes.

"...Run."