Episode Five

Episode Five:

Bianca walked down the long hallway of the school. "There you are." Said Kit. "I have calculus in three minutes, spare me the drama." Said Bianca, her voice a little more sharp than usual.

Kit: What's this about?

"Um, anyway I was going to say that I was planning on making a track with Jax and I thought you could do the vocals." Asked Kit. "With my ex and his girlfriend?"

"What's up with you?" Asked Kit.

Bianca: I don't know, maybe that I saw my ex-boyfriend kiss my friend?

"Nothing. I just missed my morning coffee."

"Oh, that makes sense." Kit smirked. Bianca rolled her eyes and walked into calculus.

Kit: Now I know why Jax gets mad at me when I'm mad without explanation.

Kit walked over to the bar and stretched, pulling her leg up into an extension. Carly walked over to Kit and Vanessa. "Hey V, can you give me some insight on this?

Vanessa nodded and watched as Carly did a pirouette to pique, then a saut de chat. "It's great! What's it for?" Carly kept her serious face and did another pirouette. "The audition. It's today."

Vanessa: I totally forgot to choreograph a solo as well! Why do we have to do a duet and a solo?

"Oh, right. Better get working." Kit nodded and did an extension to pirouette, stumbling. "Uhg, I'm so behind. Not doing dance for so long has taken a toll. I was almost put in the sophomore dance class." She said.

"Everyone, gather around for the audition. We will start with solo's."

Vanessa: How could I forget? I guess I got caught up with preparing Spark, our dance.

"Miss Catto, you first. I would also like to announce that Prima tryouts are in two weeks." Carly smiled.

Carly: I can't wait to try out. Finally me and Vanessa can dance together.

Carly did a pirouette to pique, then a saut de chat. She pointed her toe's into an arabesque and leaped into a split, doing a complicated turn combo into a middle floor split.

Vanessa clapped her hands and hugged Carly after her performance. "That was awesome!"

Vanessa: Even though I'm not sure what's going on with Carly and Beckett, she's still my friend.

"Miss Morita?" Asked Hellsweel.

Vanessa: I guess I'm just going to have to freestyle.

Vanessa stood at the center of the stage and grinned. Extension, head tilt, right leg leaning turn into arabesque jump and pique. Adding a few hip hop moves, Vanessa ending, in a split with her arms up. "Miss Morita, did you think I wouldn't be able to tell that you freestyled?" Said Hellsweel. Vanessa looked down.

"I didn't hate it." Vanessa grinned and walked back to the circle. Sasha, Beckett, Jenna, Kit, and Katie performed there solo. "Next let me see the duets."

Beckett first entered with Vanessa. He lifted her into a lift, then brought her down, spinning her softly. They danced to a slow song that quickly became more fast paced.

Carly: Why does V have to be so good?

Next, Carly softly took Becketts hand. She lifted her leg into an extension, and then the music began. It had a distinct salsa vibe and the two dancers couldn't keep the smile off their faces.

Vanessa: Look how happy he is.

Helsweel clapped her hands slowly, ushering Carly off the stage. Kit stood up and the music started. It was a DJ diamond mind song which distinctly tickled Kit.

It was fast and was more of a jazz dance that was done at the same time, with little partnership.

Kit: Beckett seems nice, but I think our chemistry isn't really there. Wow, last year I never would have dreamed of saying that. I'm really glad I was at prima camp. I feel like I've expanded as an artist.

The dance was good, but not great. Kit was a lot shorter than Beckett, and they didn't really communicate. Also, Kit hadn't danced in awhile, and suddenly starting in an intense environment was paying its toll.

Kit sank down next to Carly and Vanessa. "Uhg I'm so sore. Anyway, we have our group project due today in music. I've pulled up a few beats but I'm not really sure what to do for the audition." She said.

Vanessa nodded. "When is it?" She asked. "Wednesday. We only have today and tomorrow."

"Did you ask Jax what he's doing? And Alya?" Asked Vanessa. "He's doing a DJ thing. Something about a killer new sample." Said Kit, "And Alya will probably write some cheesy breakup song and guitar piece." Vanessa snorted.

Jenna and Sasha walked up to the center. The started backing up then did an in sync turn sequence to split in floor roll. Vanessa spaced out, glancing at Carly and Beckett. Carly was whispering in his ear and smiling.

Vanessa: Of course I want Carly to be happy, but does that mean giving up Beckett?

Katie nudged Carly. "Hey, what's up with you and blonde bad boy." Carly flushed crimson. "Is it that obvious? Uhg the last two relationships I had were disastrous, if the first one is even considered a relationship."

Carly's eyes drifted over to Sasha, embarrassed about the past. "You and glasses?" Asked Katie. Carly rolled her eyes. "Anyways, Beckett was into V last year, and they kissed. But they never got together." She said.

Katie winced. "Well, don't wait for him to come to you. Fight." Carly nodded absentmindedly, a rush of guilt washing over her face as she saw Vanessa looking at her. They exchanged smiles.

Vanessa: Maybe me and C are good.

Carly: This could change everything. Me and V will never be good if I let my feelings get in the way.