> six

Willie poofed back to the ghost club in the seat beside where Jo was reading her latest grab from the library

Willie poofed back to the ghost club in the seat beside where Jo was reading her latest grab from the library. She looked up briefly and caught his downtrodden expression. "You good, Will?"

    He paused for a moment thoughtfully, before eventually landing on a quiet, "No."

    Jo sighed and closed her book, sitting up straighter and motioning for him to continue.

    Willie shifted towards her as he said, "I went to go see the boys."

    "Okay, so what's the big deal?"

    Willie faltered. If she knew about the stamps, she'd freak out. He knew she would. So he kept it to himself. "Well... Caleb caught me skating away from where I saw them and... Jo, he knew I was bullshitting when I said I was just checking on them for him and he... threatened to take away- take away 'skating on the streets of Hollywood'. What does that sound like to you, Jo?"

    Jo sighed heavily and ran a hand down her face. "You have to be more careful, Willie. Because I know there's nothing I can say to really keep you away from them, so... just watch your back. Or buddy up. I've always been a better liar than you."

    He laughed lightly and squeezed her shoulder. "Thanks, Joey."

    "Anything for you," she smiled, glancing up on the clock. "But I best be off. You know what time it is."

    "Tell Carter I said hey!"

Jo sat on the bench across the street from the Silent Baker Cafe, a little coffee shop she visited every day

Jo sat on the bench across the street from the Silent Baker Cafe, a little coffee shop she visited every day. Well, she didn't go inside, per say. For now, she just waited on the bench, trying to read her book, but cutting her eyes down the street as she waited for someone so often that trying to read felt pointless.

    A presence popped up beside her and the suddenness made her know it was a ghost. She glanced to the right slightly, afraid it might be Caleb, but smiled when she saw Reggie. "What are you doing here?" she asked lightly.

    Reggie shrugged. "I tracked Willie down in Venice Beach. Made him tell me where I could find you."

    Jo squeezed her eyes shut for a moment. "Of course you did."