03.

" she's incredibly energetic, and enthusiastic

" she's incredibly energetic, and enthusiastic. "

————————————————————

Shuffling down the staircase, closely following Thomas's every move, the two make their way to the kitchen. Thomas begins to explain that the house try to spend most dinners with each other. They try to cook with each other, and then eat around the table, lounge room, or kitchen island with each other. Thomas said it was important for this to happen, to make the house remember they're friends, and a united group. Hearing this made Kat cringe, but she wasn't too stressed about the whole ordeal. She was use to it at home. While they try and spend most dinners together though, Thomas explains that due to some people's changing schedule, not everyone joins the group for dinner every night.

"Vinnie probably won't be down for dinner, he's usually streaming around this time. You know who Vinnie is yeah?" Thomas asks, looking over his shoulder back at the girl. Kat wasn't stupid, of course she had heard about Vinnie Hacker before. In fact, she followed him, and checked up on his account every now and again. She didn't mind his content, she enjoyed gushing over a cute guy every now and again. She even noticed how some of her fans would compare their content to one another's, and while she didn't see the resemblance, she always took it as a compliment.

"Yeah, I know of Vinnie," Kat replies, earning a smile from Thomas as he looks back down to his feet. To be honest, she would be stupid to not know Vinnie. He was the golden boy on TikTok, every girls favourite piece of meat to drool over. The hair, the tattoos, the muscle and every other visual aspect about him. She understood why he was so popular, he was the 'it' thing about their generation, same with how The Beatles was the 'it' thing during the 60's and 70's. While Kat was more into the skinnier boys, those that looked like they were on their last lifeline, much like Timothee Chalamet, she found Vinnie extremely attractive. She admired his style a lot, and how chill he was to people – both very attractive attributes for her. But she wouldn't admit that to anyone, even with a gun to her head. She knew how psychotic his fans could be, and she wanted no part in it.

Entering the kitchen, Kat notices how much larger the group multiplied compared to earlier in that day. All standing around the kitchen island, almost every member of those living in the house were laughing and talking to each other. Some were throwing ingredients around, others were showing photos and messages on their phones to their friends, and some – mainly Mia, were trying to actually cook. The room was vibrant with playful and welcoming energy, and Kat quite enjoyed the instant warmth. Watching Thomas walk over to Mia, Kat wasn't too sure if she were to follow him or go over towards someone else.

She had hoped that Vinnie would be down here, but like Thomas had stated before, he was probably too busy streaming. Instead she noticed Alex and Kouvr, and would have much rather spend time with them than Renata – who was once again starring into Kat's soul with a beaming smile from across the kitchen. While Kat didn't think anything too bad of Renata, she could tell she was annoying. Someone that would make Kat snap if Renata were to ever overfill that bottle, which was something Kat wanted to avoid. And so, Kat made her way to the small dinning table found further away from the kitchen table, to sit with Alex and Kouvr.

The couple sat next to each other, Kouvr eating cereal while yelling over towards the other members of the house, and Alex sitting on his laptop. Kat had always imagined Alex to be like that though, trying to edit future uploads on YouTube any moment he could. Sitting across from the pair, Kouvr gives Kat a warm smile.

"So, we're all wondering to know," Kouvr says with a goofy tone, moving the spoon with her voice as if it were a magic wand. "How are you finding it here?"

"Yeah, nah, it's good," Kat says back with a smile, feeling really comforted by Kouvr's presence. She understood that if she were to make any friends in this place, it would most likely to be Kouvr. She just seemed to be the most relaxed one out there, and wouldn't be making any crazy stunts that could flag Kat's anger.

"How much more different is it than home?" Kouvr asks, continuing to munch down on the cereal in front of her. Alex seemed too zoned into editing to even recognise the conversation going on. But Kat didn't mind it, she was happy to have some one on one time without being bombarded at the moment.

"You mean other than the fact that this is a full on mansion?" Kat laughs, looking around the kitchen. Changing the tone of her voice into someone a bit more of a squeaky, undecided vibe, Kat continues to answer Kouvr's question.  "Yeah, yeah, it's a... it's a little different, yeah."

"Kouvr, you ate all my cereal!" One of the members yell towards the two girls, with one hand holding an empty Lucky Charms box and the other one cupping his mouth to make himself louder. The boy repeatedly shakes the box to try and get the message across to Kouvr, with the others sitting around him giggling to each other. Kat softly smiles at this interaction, hearing Kouvr and Michael go back and forth. Kat saw how friendly everyone was, and she couldn't help but enjoy it.

"Michael, just shut up for minute, I'm tryna' have a conversation can't you see?" Kouvr laughs with a massive smile plastered over her face. Shifting her view back into Kat, Kouvr apologised for the interaction, and then asks Kat to elaborate on what she had said earlier. "In what way, like just the house or?"

"No, in a heap of different ways. For starters, your accents. Personally, I don't think I'll ever get use to them, even if I permanently move here," Kat smiles, gaining yet another laugh from Kouvr. Looking around the room though, Kat sighed before continuing. "But other than that, I guess you could just say your demeanour? Like, at home, everyone is just chill to be chill, but everyone here just wants the best. It's really competitive, honestly I think I'm gonna get really overwhelmed here quick."

"Well don't let us overwhelm you too much."

Someone said from behind Kat, instantly making the girl turn around with suspicion. And there he was, standing over her. The girl almost couldn't believe it.

"Hey, I'm Vinnie. You're the new girl right?"