Grief

"CAW! CAW! TOMIOKA GIYU IS DECEASED! HIS CROW WAS FOUND HALF-DEAD AT THE SCENE AND HIS BLOOD AND LIMBS WERE EVERYWHERE! CAW! HE WAS PROBABLY MET WITH AN UPPER RANK DEMON! CAW! TOMIOKA GIYU IS DECEASED!"

That message. That dreaded message.

Tanjiro was distraught, Nezuko was confused on why her brother was upset, and a few of the Hashira were shocked.

More and more Hashira were dying as more Upper Ranks began to appear.

Master Ubuyashiki was upset. He didn't want another of his children to die. In fact, he didn't want anyone else to die to the hands of demons... But what could he do? He was sickly, and his death was inevitable.

Naturally, since Giyu's mission was incomplete, Kagaya had to assign another group to do the mission; Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, Kocho and Kanroji.

It may seem like a lot, but Giyu was a strong Hashira. If this demon had done so much damage to him, then they'd need two Hashira and a few extra slayers to kill it.

"Alright, ready to go?" Kocho asked, looking around.

"Yes, Kocho-san!" Mitsuri said, finishing off her sakura mochi.

"We're ready, too, Kocho-san..." Tanjiro said, grief still present in his tone.

"Tanjiro, we'll go on this mission and we'll avenge Tomioka-san, okay?" Kocho said, sincerely.

Tanjiro took a deep breath, and put on a determined face. "Okay!"

"Then lets go."