Chapter 5 ~

Important author's note at the end. Please read it =)
~~~~~~~~~

Jasmine's P.O.V

I stood in the kitchen alone.. for the first time in forever.
Usually Mum was around making breakfast, but this time I was making myself a sandwich to have on my way to school.
It's Friday. But I don't feel excited.

Alexander is already out and Mum didn't come out of her room since I left her there last night after I heard her sobbing.
I went to her but she didn't want to talk. So I just sat by her until she fell asleep.
That Alexander! Couldn't he shut up?

I wanted to wake Mum up but I thought she's probably exhausted so I decided against that.

I made myself some hot chocolate to take it with me on my way.
It was so cold.

I stepped out of the house quietly closing the door behind me.
I started walking feeling that piercing cold wind rubbing my cheeks.
Damn it's really cold! I wish I had my gloves with me.
I know this weather. It'll probably snow tonight.

I love snow. Snow is so special to me..
It brings back so much memories and stories.
I wished it would snow on weekdays though. I mean what's the point of snowing on weekends? We don't have school anyway.

I arrived to school. I saw Taylor at the end of the hallway taking some books out of her locker. I walked to her still holding my 'iced' hot chocolate.

Once she saw me coming she ran to me and gave me a hug. I hugged her back.
That was how I said hello to my friends.
Hugs are awesome! Especially Taylor's.
She was like my teddy bear.

"How are you girl?", she asked.
"Freezing!", I chuckled.

"I hope it doesn't stay the same next weekend!", she said shutting her locker.

"No don't worry. I heard it will be pretty warm."

"Yeah that's better. Everything should go perfectly fine for Lauren's birthday."
I nodded while checking my phone.

No text messages.
I guess Mum didn't wake up yet.

We walked to class together in silence. We sat down waiting for our teacher to arrive.

I sat next to the window admiring the grey sky. Oh boy.. Looks like it's going to rain.
I imagined how this view would be if it was filled with snow... That kind of got me feeling colder.

Suddenly the teacher arrived.

"Good morning class."
We all whined replying back.

The teacher started babbling... And although I seemed like I'm listening, the truth is I was basically daydreaming of what I'm doing this evening.
----------
This day went on peacefully. I was walking home listening to the sounds of people chattering and walking around. I felt so calm. Too calm. I am a quiet person usually but today I barely spoke. I took in a deep breath as I got closer to my house, the cold air filling my lungs making me feel refreshed.
I stretched out my arms in the air and went in, the heavy silent atmosphere hitting me.
I found her car keys on the table in the kitchen.

"Mum?", I called. But silence was I all I got.
I went upstairs and slowly entered her room. She was sleeping. Still sleeping?
I really felt guilty but I had to wake her up. Did she really sleep all day?

"Mum.. Have you been sleeping all day?", I whispered.
But she didn't move. "Mum", I raised my voice a bit.
Still she didn't wake up.
I shook her arm a little. She rolled to her side facing me. Her eyes opened slightly and she looked at me as if she was trying to focus on who I was.
Suddenly she sat up straight.

"What time is it?", she asked as if she was going to miss the school bus.

"Uh well I'm back from school", I replied. "Have you been sleeping all day?"

She buried her face in her hands.
"Oh my God", she whispered. "How didn't I hear the alarm?"
I shrugged and stood up.

Suddenly her eyes widened like they're about to come out.
"My boss is going to kill..", she said calmly.
I watched her gritting her teeth and shaking in silence.
The volcano is going to erupt...

"I can't believe I missed that meeting", she yelled digging her face in her pillow. "I'm doomed, I'll definitely get fired."
I stood there quietly biting my lips off.

"What do I say now? What is my excuse? I overslept? Oh God why.. Why me? Why today?", she continued.

I felt so guilty at that moment. I don't why but it felt like I was the one who missed that meeting. It felt like I was being scolded for bad grades in primary school.
It is partly my fault though.
"I'm sorry", I whispered. "I should've woken you up."

Mum sighed and got out of bed.
"It's okay. I guess I'm really tired.", she gave me a little smile. I smiled back at her.

"Where's your brother?", she gave me a look.
I shrugged. How can I know really?

"Ugh.. This kid is driving me insane!", she said brushing her hair back.
I sighed.

"Are you okay, Jasmine?", she asked. "You seem really quiet today."

"Yeah I am", I replied quickly. In fact, I don't think anything is wrong with me. I just feel so calm.

"Can you make me some coffee?", Mum said stretching her arms. "I'll go take a shower."
I nodded and headed downstairs.

I heard the door open and saw Alexander coming in.
Wait what? Alexander - my very own brother- coming home this early?

He gave me a weird look and shut the door behind him.
"Where's Mum?", he asked.
I entered the kitchen ignoring him. Partly because of what he did yesterday, and also because I just didn't feel like talking.
He followed me to the kitchen and took out a bag of chips.
I looked at him for a second trying to find something to say but nothing came to my head. So I just started making Mum's coffee.

"Since when did you start drinking coffee?", he said munching on his chips.

Is he starting a conversation with me? Umm okay.
"I don't", I replied but that turned out colder than I expected.

"What's with you all of a sudden?", he came closer to me.
"I'm fine", I whispered.

"Whatever", he shrugged and went up to his room.

---------------

It is so dark. I'm walking in a street wearing fear as my cape. It is definitely not helping. I felt my heart throbbing almost breaking out of my ribs.
Suddenly I heard a voice.
I couldn't figure out what it said but it made me start running.
The voice kept talking, I couldn't recognize it. But it felt closer and closer.
I ran faster and faster. I didn't where I was, I didn't know how I got here.. But something was behind me, I couldn't see it but I could feel it.
I could hear it.
I felt my legs getting heavier. I couldn't take it anymore... I was running out of breath and the more I inhaled, the more I felt my chest burning.
I kept pushing myself running away from that voice but it wouldn't leave.

Suddenly I felt something coming closer to me. It almost caught me.
At this moment my heart stopped and I slowly turned around to face an enormous shadow that was approaching. I felt like it was pulling me in to it.
I tried to scream, I tried to call out for help but my voice didn't come out.
I kept breathing heavily and felt my lungs collapsing..

Then, I screamed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! xxx
It's been ages since I updated I know and I'm terribly sorry for that.
I was so overwhelmed with my finals and once I was done I had some family issues to deal with and it's still going on so basically I've been on Wattpad only reading my feelings off >_< If that made sense to you =P

Anyway thank you so much for reading.
Please don't forget to vote, comment and these stuff ^_^
It really motivates me!

Much love xxx
Sugarcoated_moon ~ <3