Part 8

Hello! Kaun kaun Manish ko goli marna chahta hai aur saath saath uss party mein saare mehmano ko bhi?
Abhira dream sequences have me swooning so angst was hard to write but this is technically a short update because most of it is the prologue! We've reached the prologue!!

For those who will ask, Abhira will finally meet in either the next part or the one after depending on Pihu's skills of persuasion and whether you guys want Neirohi?! Let me know...

Enjoy Reading🥰

————————

Pihu unlocked the door and quickly ran back to the kitchen yelling on the way.

"AJAO AKSHU! Gas pe chai rakhi hai, balcony pe sab ready hai. Mujhe 2 minute do main abhi aaye!"

Akshara walked into Pihu's new home in a trance as the memories from the emotionally and physically tiring day played in her mind over and over.

The accident...so similar to her Sirat Ma's, the young girls who would have gone through her fate if she hadn't interfered, Arohi's acceptance and apology, their tears and lastly Abhimanyu...Her heart ached for one hug, one chance to look into his deep eyes and one chance live a life full of love and happiness with him. Unfortunately Akshu had realized at a young age that you never really get what you want, no matter how much you wish for it.

Akshara sat, silently staring at the night sky and strumming her favourite guitar. Face emotionless but a storm raging in her eyes. How had life become so difficult she thought miserably. As she continued to strum, lost in thought, the words flowed from her mouth without her permission.

"Hona...Tha Jo Hua
Aye Dil Jaane Bhi De
Hmm Mmm.. Shikwa Kis Baat Ka
Aye Dil Jaane Bhi De"

She pleaded for her aching heart for a moment of peace.

"Yaadon Ke Char Lamhein
Hai Toh Sahi
Reh Jaaye Jo Adhoora
Hai Ishq Wahi"

She'd only known him for a couple of weeks. How did he still effect her this much after a whole year away? She had long accepted that some stories were written only to be left incomplete but when would her heart understand this.

She stared at the stars, trying to gather her strength and sang with her heart as the memories invaded her mind once again.

"Soch Liya Tu Khwab Tha Mera
Toot Gaya Jo Aaya Savera
Soch Liya Hai Bin Tere Jeena
Soch Liya Jo Socha Kabhi Na"

She continued strumming softly as she leaned her head back, closed her eyes and completely gave into the rushing memories.

She could see him at the Mask festival, his mesmerizing eyes always looking for her. The first time she had seen him laugh whole heartedly was a moment she prided herself for, after all she was the reason behind that boyish charming laugh. Their secret looks, their heart to heart conversations, the teasing and phone calls, all signs of their newly blossoming love story. The small, sad smile was wiped off as she thought of the day it had all started to go south.

"Soch Liya Tu Khwab Tha Mera
Toot Gaya Jo Aaya Savera
Soch Liya Hai Bin Tere Jeena
Soch Liya Toh Soch Liya
Ho Ho Ho Ho..."

Her mind took her back to the day he had met her family and brought his proposal. She had weaved such beautiful dreams while her heart pounded in excitement and nerves. She remembered how loved and shy she felt as her family danced around her while she blushed and held the chunni over her head.

And then she remembered how brutally her dreams were crushed as Arohi excitedly professed her love and excitement over being chosen by him. Without her permission a single tear made its way down her pale cheek.