𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

The past week has been hell for Alexa

The past week has been hell for Alexa. Cops have been questioning her nonstop, people in school have been whispering about her (not that she really cared), and she's been perplexed. "Harris, why now? After all these years and dad dying, why would I just now get a case? Why my best friend?" She asks, sitting in the plush living room chair as she pouts.

Harris is her guardian chosen by her mother. He's one of Athena's best followers and has helped train her since John died. Harris is a bit older than what she would expect her brothers to be but younger than her dad. He's an uncle age.

She messes with the bandage on her eyebrow as the man sighs, "I don't know, Alexa. I honestly am as confused as you are, but we need to leave. You have school." She groans at his statement but follows him out the door with her bag on her shoulder anyway.

The car ride is only 5 minutes since they live close to the school. When the car pulls up, the front people start whispering immediately. Alexa starts to say something, but Harris cuts her off, "No, you cannot fight anyone because they are still talking about what happened." She gives him a side-eye as she opens the car door. 

Alexa waves Harris goodbye and quickly walks into school. She doesn't talk to anyone as she walks quickly to Mr. Wyatt's room. English is one of her favorite classes and history, and Mr. Wyatt is a fantastic teacher.

Mr. Wyatt discusses the class's newest assignment, and the bell rings sooner than she would have liked. He opens the door as the line of students walks out, telling them each to have a good day. Alexa walks out of the class but almost gets run over by a janitor, "I am so sorry." The very tall and younger than most janitor says. She looks at him, and a warm feeling washes over her, "It's fine, no problem." He gives her a thankful smile and then walks away.

She quickly scurries to her locker and tries to unlock it quickly. It can't be, can it? She questions herself as she finally opens her locker. Alexa throws her stuff into it and then grabs what she needs for the next class. As she starts to look for a specific book, the bell rings—the warning bell.

The youngest Winchester groans as she closes her locker and then runs to her classroom. As she passes by the gym, a bright red catches her eye. She slows down and looks through the window on the door to see another vaguely familiar man standing in front of the kids with a whistle in his mouth.

Her suspicions continue to rise as the janitor from before walks in. Alexa quickly walks away before either of them can see her. 

"Hey, Jason." She says kindly as she walks into the Home Ec room. "Hey, Lexi." He says softly, not giving her much of anything. "Oh, did your date not go well last night?" She jokes, and it pulls a bit of a smile out of the boy.

However, that smile quickly melts away when Richard walks into the room. He sends her a cocky smile while she gags in response.

The kids are given their assignments and start working on them. "Okay, I'm gonna go grab the fruit." She says, quickly walking away to where Mrs. Fanngins stores them. "Hey, I need to copy your algebra homework again," Richard says, and it catches Alexa's attention as she grabs the fruit. She turns around to see Richard hit Jason, which gets the boy's attention, "Why? Cause you're a stupid, brain-dead dick?"

"Okay, boys. How about we get back on the subject of Home Ec. Okay?" She suggests with a pleading smile as she quickly makes her way back to the boys. Jason turns on the Cuisinart and her eyes go wide, "Oh no." She mumbles to herself, "I'm gonna shove my fist down your throat, you little freak."

"Richard, shut up." She warns him, "That fist?" Jason asks, "Yeah." Richard answered. Jason looks at Richard and grins, not a happy grin but a devilish grin, and Alexa's heart drops. She screams no as everything feels to go in slow motion as Jason pushes Richard's hand into the spinning Cuisinart.

She stops mid-motion as blood splatters on her face. Alexa snaps out of it as the class runs out. She tackles Jason to the ground and then lands a good boot on his face to knock him out. The brunette gets off the boy as she starts to catch her breath as the janitor runs in.

The two stare at each other before a black goo catches her eye, the same stuff that came out of April's eye. "He'll be down for a while, you should probably take him to the nurse." She tells the man as she wipes the blood off of her face with a towel she found.

She pushes herself off the floor and then throws the towel on a random surface as she walks out of the classroom. Alexa walks to her locker and starts rummaging through it to find what she was looking for earlier. She pulls it out and quickly flips to the familiar page.

She looks at the photo in her hand as a smile comes onto her face when she sees the familiar faces of her brothers, the two men she saw today. "Hello boys, I think it's time we finally met," Alexa mumbles to herself as she takes the book with her and closes the locker.

──────༺༻──────

Alexa sneaks out of the bathroom and heads down the hallway. She snuck away to make sure she didn't get swept away for the STOP assembly. She looks around the different hallways and classrooms until she finds the two men she's looking for right in front of the gym door.

"All right, so, what, we got a ghost in the building?" Dean asks as the two walks down the hallway, not really paying attention. "Yeah, but where? I mean, there's no EMF. Maybe we could find out who it is, at least. You know, check and see if somebody died bloody around here or something." Sam asks and Alexa found her perfect moment.

"There was one. The only one to happen in the school until now." She announces making herself known to the two men. They stop to look at her confused, "It was a suicide back in '98. Some guy named Barry Cook. He slit his wrists in the first-floor girls' bathroom. The same one where April drowned Taylor in the toilet." She makes her way to them and then stands there looking up at them with her arms crossed.

"How do you know that? I had to break into the principal's office to get that information. Oh, and FYI, three of the cheerleaders are legal. Guess which ones." Dean says looking over at Sam as the two in front of him share a similar disgusted face. "No," Sam says simply as Alexa holds back a gag.

"Anyway, who are you? How do you know this?" Sam asks looking at the girl. "I'm Alexa and I know this because of this." She says pointing to her face as she smiles at them, "No one ever suspects the nice girl." She jokes until she notices Sam's facial expression

"Okay, not the time for a joke, huh? You knew Barry Cook, didn't you?" She asks, Sam nods in response. "So, what? This ghost is possessing nerds?" Dean asks as Alexa sends him a look and surprisingly, the man jumps a little. "And using them to go after bullies, yeah." Sam confirms as he keeps his eyes on Alexa, "Well, does that sound like Barry's M.O.?" She asks looking at Sam.

"Barry had a hard time." She looks down as Dean starts to get frustrated, "Seriously kid, who the hell are you? How do you know all about this stuff?" Dean asks annoyed, "And why are you so scary when you look at me like that?"

Alexa laughs as she pulls out the notebook. "I'm Alexa, Alexa Thena Winchester. I'm your sister." She tells handing them the notebook. Sam looks at her confused while Dean looks pissed. He looks at the notebook and his face slowly softens.

"Why didn't he tell us about you before?" He asks looking at her while closing the book. "I don't know why he didn't tell you, but he gave me that and this picture of you two when I last saw him. Before he died he told me to be on the lookout for you two."

Dean flips through the notebook with Sam looking over his shoulder. She stands in front of them awkwardly as she starts to rock on her heels, "So, nice weather, huh?" Both boys look at her then back to the book, "Okay, I really have to read the room better." she whispers to herself as Dean closes the notebook.

"It all checks out." Dean hands the notebook back to her and the three siblings look at each other. "So, how's school going?" Alexa sends him the look again and he jumps, "You need to stop that!" She laughs before turning on her heel. "I'll see you two at the graveyard tonight to burn the bones."

The two men watch her walk away with her hair bouncing behind her, "I hate to say this, but she does carry herself like a Winchester." Sam says with a teasing smile, "Oh, shut up." Dean punches him as they head out of the school.