WE F*CKED!

FROM SAM'S POV

Adulting sucks!

Sam is always tired and he thinks he is too young to have a constant backache. But of course sitting in his overpriced chair and working on his opulent desk for 50+ hours a week comes at a price. And the price is weekly visits to a chiropractor.

This dude better not be ripping me off.
Is he even any help?
I am still in pain.

"Does that feel better? Do you feel any difference?" says the chiropractor and Sam responds "Yeah...Yeah...I think it's a bit better now."

Sam isn't lying. It does feel better, for now, until he is back to his 50+ hours work week and the pain is back. The stupid back pain as he likes to call it has become the only consistent part of his life.

And he used to think college was too much work. The thought makes him genuinely laughs at himself for being so naive.

"I need you to keep a log of triggering events that exasperate your pain" the chiropractor is giving his homework now.

You are triggering me now.

Sam nods in approval and walks out with the little red journey he has been entrusted to diligently use. At least the chiropractor gave him stationary for the homework, Sam chuckles from his thoughts and walks into the parking lot.

Looking for his car is a challenging game every week. His generic looking vehicle blends into the sea of metal automobiles and concrete pillars. Of course he is always in a rush and refuses to note down the pillar number where he parked. Of course he would rather waste 20 minutes on his way out than 2 minutes on his way in.

After the age old game and sometimes tipping the parking attendant to help him, he finally sits down in the cushy seat of his expensive car and drives off to his luxurious abode. Seems great until he remember he is all alone in there. He is all alone in this new city, he has no friends at work and he is living all by himself in the fully furnished and fairly modern company villa.

The only thing he does look forward to each month is the trip back to his uncle's place, the little parties he throws over the long weekends and getting to meet people he actually likes.

Most of his friends, including juniors are still in the city and their jobs are far less demanding so he can actually have a good time each time he visits them. Maybe that's why he hasn't even made a decent effort to make new friends in his new life.

Sam knows he needs to inform everyone about his arrival this weekend. Jim is expecting it to be something special. So he decides to make the weekend just about Jim. He can meet his friends on Monday, he thinks, since he doesn't even need to be back before Tuesday morning.

Sam: 02:30 PM I'll be there by Friday night. Do you want to stay for the weekend?

Jim: 02:45 PM I'll figure something out...get a night out pass for Saturday night and stay till Sunday evening...does that work?

Sam: 02:50 PM Sounds perfect. Get some movies you want to watch and wear something comfortable. I'll get the rest. 😉

Jim: 02:51 PM *drool* OK! 💋

Sam: 02:52 PM Cya! 😘

Sam packs up the essentials, checks and double checks. He makes sure to get a pack of condoms and big fat tube of lube. This weekend better be worth it, Sam warns himself, he needs his back to not give up on him.

I really don't want to write "f*cking" as a triggering event in my f*cking stupid little homework journal for my f*cking chiropractor for f*ck sake.