two

november 10

i sat in front of my door, waiting. it had been a week now, since i had met her. though i hardly knew her, she constantly invaded my thoughts.

her petite frame, the sparkle in her dark green eyes, brown hair cascading down her back. even the tiny freckles dotting her cheeks made my heart beat faster.

but it wasn't only her stunning looks, it was her jingly laugh, and the way her face lit up when i had mentioned adventure.

time seemed to pass quicker when i thought about lacey, and soon enough, it was 12:52 am. I scrambled to my feet and headed out the door. going through the same routine i used last monday, i arrived at the store in eight minutes. 1 o'clock.

she was right there. it seemed crazy to me, that a girl i had met just once, made me bounce up and down on my heels.

she only noticed me when i rushed to hold the door open. to my delight, her face lit up, "calum!"

i grinned, "the one and only."

after trailing after her into the store and rolling my eyes at ashton, who was making kissy faces at me, lacey spoke up again. "what brings you here at one in the morning?" she asked me in a silvery voice.

just one answer shot through my head. you, i wanted to say. but instead i stuttered, "uh i- i needed some bread."

"did you know that murphy's law states that if you drop buttered bread, it will always land butter side down?"

"really? actually, now that i think about it, i think that's probably true. we should test it some time," i replied.

she smiled, "its a date. wait- not a date. its a plan? its a plan." her cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

"its a plan," i said, "but i'll need your phone number." i added a cheesy wink for extra measure.

lacey giggled as she pulled out her phone and handed it to me, trustingly. i did the same with my own phone.

a few seconds later we traded back. she had put her name as lacey from the store. i smiled to myself, finding everything she does to be absolutely infatuating.

"c-dizzle?" she asked, repeating the name i had put my own number under.

"its my stage name," i said dramatically, taking a bow for good measure.

"of course it is," she replied. she was trying to hide her laugh, but it broke through. her laugh is contagious, you know. its like, when she laughs, all of my problems melt away and i can't help but laugh along side her.

we continued talking and telling jokes and laughing and causing the few other customers to give us evil glares until we both decided that it was time to leave. after exchanging our goodbyes, i watched her ride her bike away, brown hair cascading behind her, dim street lights illuminating her face.

"man, you're so whipped already."

with just a middle finger up, directed towards ashton, i left the store and practically skipped back home.

//hey guys. hi. whats up. i just wanted to say thanks for reading this. so yeah, thank youuu. -aly//