DAY ONE (2)

DAY ONE (2)
"𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗩𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗔"

(BEACH HUT IN BOLD)

"ladies, please meet sam." he smiles at us all, and i watch as the sun glistens off the small beads of sweat on his toned chest.

he smiles and waves to us.

SAM, 23, personal trainer & entrepreneur, london
my name's sam taylor, i'm 23 and an independent personal trainer from london.

i own a chain of gyms in london and the surrounding area, and i would kind of consider myself a gym buff.

i've met plenty of girls through the gym, but none of them have really stuck with me, so i'm excited to get into the villa and meet all the girls. maybe i'll find someone who's willing to workout with me; hopefully!

laura asks us to step forwards, and amelia is the only person to do so.

"amelia, why'd you finally step forwards?" laura asks.

"i think he looks lovely, but he is the last one so i realized i ran out of options." she laughs, and all of us do too.

"well, sam, you can pick any girl, including the ones in couples."

sam purses his lips and thinks for a moment, before stating, "i'll be amelia, if that's alright,"

and polite. what else could you want?

all of us are settled into our couples, and i take a moment to look around.

evie is with avi, sabrina with rhys, amelia with sam, jessi with micha, and finally i'm with beau. i think this has worked out pretty well.

laura says her goodbyes, and we all dispute around the villa.

i find myself sitting in the bedroom with amelia, and micha is unpacking his bag whilst talking with us.

"how are you guys finding it so far?" he asks, pulling a pair of jeans from his suitcase.

amelia shrugs, leaned up against the headboard of her and sam's new bed.

"time will tell." she states. i nod, and so does micha.

"i can already tell you that i don't like sabrina, though," i tell them, and amelia immediately sits up straight.

"i was telling sam that! she's so fake," amelia shudders, taking a sip from her water.

"her and rhys will be an interesting couple. i wonder how long he will last in here." micha says, sitting down at the end of my bed.

"he doesn't seem like the type to be here. he gives player energy." amelia says, both of us nod along to her words.

"i just don't get why a famous footballer would come to a reality show! he's probably got so many models in his dms, why come on love island?"

micha and amelia agree with me, and we continue to speak about for a little longer before deciding to go outside and chill with everyone else.

the rest of the islanders are scattered around the lawn, rhys and sabrina have gone to the daybeds, and evie has joined them.

everyone else is chilling on the lawn on the beanbags. avi is in the pool, and jessi is laying on the concrete next to it, completely zoned out.

amelia and i plop down into the beanbags with sam and beau and watch as micha holds a finger to his lips. he sneaks up to jessi, and quickly picks her up by slipping his hands under her, and drops her into the pool.