• ten •

What to wear? It was a pressing question on my mind

     What to wear? It was a pressing question on my mind.  I knew Cherry was going to look gorgeous, there was absolutely no doubt about that.  Of course, I didn't need to compare myself to her either, however, I just anticipated for her to look pretty so I didn't want to look like I wasn't at least trying my best.  I had two options.  Black leather skirt, or navy blue plaid. 

Deciding that I could pair the leather skirt with a dark-grey band tee, I pulled that on.  It was followed by a pair of Doc Martins, and I found myself rushing to the bathroom to make sure I looked okay.  Thankfully, the outfit came out as I had anticipated it, and while I knew my skirt was a little shorter than I would have preferred, it worked nonetheless.  By the time it was nine, there was a knock on the door.  It was funny we had agreed on the time, especially since the whole Winter Haven Police department had tried to encourage people not to go out at this time of night.  Though, I was soon glancing out the peephole, pulling my front door open when I noticed Harry standing on the other side.

"Good evening, I have to piss."

"You don't wanna hold it?" I asked.

"No.  Let me pee."

"Already so lovely," I giggled, stepping aside to let him inside.  "You know where it is."

He practically jogged to the bathroom.  Cherry was sitting in the front seat of the car, waving at me.  I sent a wave back, grabbing my bag, and making sure that I had my keys.  Once I was certain I did, I watched as Harry slowly approached, his eyes glancing over me twice as usual.  It was always unnerving, but I tried to brush it off.

"You're certain that's what you want to wear?" he asked me.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I bit back.  "Where was it that I asked for your opinion?"

He grunted.  "Attitude, doll.  Watch it."

"Mm, I'll think about it.  Come on, don't want to keep your girlfriend waiting."

He looked irritated, though I knew that since his girlfriend was present, he couldn't do anything.  It wasn't long until I was pulling my front door shut, locking it behind me.  Soon enough, Harry was opening the passenger door, Cherry grinning at me as I slid in beside her.  Harry shut the door, a small smile on my face as his girlfriend started complimenting me.

"The skirt, the shirt, the shoes," Cherry was saying.  "Girl, you are pulling tonight."

"Yeah, pulling a guy to get my tab," I laughed.

Cherry giggled.  The ride to the bar wasn't all that long, however, I was glad that Cherry and I could get along so well.  If anything, I was almost certain that it pissed Harry off to see us laughing beside him.  His hands were gripping the steering wheel hard, eyes focused on the road and nothing else.  He was thinking hard about something, but I definitely was not going to be the one that asked what his issue was.  Soon enough, we were pulling up to a bar, Harry getting out of the car quickly.  It was only moments before he was pulling the door open, leaving me to step out followed by Cherry.  She looked cute in her jeans and a band tee, there being a V cut in the neck that looked like she had done it.