Chapter Nine - Vincent

I sat in my car for about an hour, just thinking. 

If this is Ronnie's baby, I'm not even sure he would be happy for me. How am I supposed to know if it isn't. I can't believe I was just about to kill it. Then again if this isn't Ronnie's baby, I could be making a terrible mistake. He's got to know. 

--

I texted Ronnie and asked if I could come over. He said yes. 

"Hey Avie." The boys called from inside the bus. 

"Hey," I said kind of unenthusiastically. 

"You can talk after you surgery?" Ronnie asked confused. 

"Uh, well, I kind of had something to talk to you about that actually." I said. 

"Wait, I have surprise for you." He said and gave Jacky a nod. 

Jacky grabbed his acoustic guitar, still with 24 frets, and sat next to Ronnie. All the boys on the bus gathered around. 

"I wrote this song for you, it's going to be on our next album, already approved by our producer." He said and Jacky started playing on queue. Ryan started drumming on the nearest table, perfectly along with the beat. 

As soon as the chorus came, I couldn't take it. 

"How did a person like you speak to the brave and confident person I pretend to be? 

You make my day with your perfect smile,

hoping you won't leave, just stay a while. 

Seeing the past, makes me wish I had you, 

Now all I think about, 

Is  a future with the girl I want my arm wrapped around." 

I didn't realize it, but I was crying. I wasn't even crying, I was sobbing uncontrollably. Ronnie came to a sudden stop realizing that my tears weren't out of joy, they were out of sorrow. 

"Avie, what's the matter? Don't you like the song?" He asked wiping the tears off of my cheeks.

"I- I just need everyone to leave, I need to speak with Ronnie, alone." I said. No one asked questions, they just stood up and walked to the front room. Ryan closed the door on the way out. 

"Avery, is there something you need to tell me?" He asked with a confused expression. 

"I'm pregnant." 

I couldn't read the look on his face. I was so worried. He was conflicted, I could tell. 

"Well, that's great, I always wanted to be a dad, I'm actually very happy that it's with you." He said pulling me into a bear hug. I pushed him away. 

"There's something else." I said. 

He didn't say anything, he waited for the hit. 

"I don't know if you're the father." I said without any emotions, trying to be as stern as possible. 

"So you mean, you cheated on me?" He hissed. 

"Yes." I said, there was no turning back now. 

He stood up almost instantly and picked up the nearest  XBOX controller and threw it into the wall that was closest. He then repeatedly punched the same spot. Loud crashes and bangs could be heard from all around. He was cursing under his breath, pacing back and forth. 

"Do you know how many people told me you were a slut?" He fumed. 

I shook my head. 

"No wonder why your best friend believes it, it's because it's true you fucking whore!" He shouted. 

"How could you say you loved me and go fuck some other guy? Everything I said was true and you lied straight to my face!" He shouted. 

"But Ronnie, I'm sor-" He cut me off. 

He grabbed me by the shoulder and pinned me against the wall.

"Let me fucking finish." He spat. 

I started crying again, probably louder than I should have because the doors burst open. 

Ryan and Jacky came running in, "What the fuck is going on in here?" They took a look at the position we were in. 

Ryan quickly leaped on top of Ronnie, trying to tackle him. Jacky took my hand and pulled me away. 

"I'm not finished with you, you fucking slut." He screamed.