YEAR 3

CHIMERA
After a space capsule crashed in New Mexico, an Outbreak and a surge of violence forced the authorities to establish a Quarantine Zone around Truth or Consequences.

The whole town was infected with an alien parasite, which triggered aggressive mutations in the residents. This parasite is highly adaptable, able to mutate into dangerous five lethal types of Infected.

The Quarantine Zone is the only thing keeping this Outbreak contained, but it will not last. If the parasite gets out, the resulting death toll would reach unprecedented numbers.

Outbreak challenges you to step up to the plate. Go on the offensive and venture inside the Quarantine Zone to contain the infection threatening to spread across North America. Explore our three new maps with your squad and survive hordes of hostiles to identify the source of the parasite.

GRUNTS - Grunts are common hostile that become highly resistant when the parasite detects an enemy presence. To protect its host, the parasite armors its body and becomes more resistant to bullet wounds. They will try to surround you, and flank you from the sides. Caution and stealth is recommended.

BREACHERS - Breachers are proximity bombs that crater anything in their path. They make for a very agile opponent, but they launch themselves into the fray and blow holes in indestructible walls. Make sure you are nowhere close to them.

ROOTERS - Rooters are a rarer type of hostile. They send out coral spikes from the ground to injure and immobilize their targets. Rooters are always on the move and will keep you on edge. Beware when dealing them the final blow; they become extremely lethal when on the brink of death.

SMASHERS - Smashers are not discreet. The parasite reinforces its body under a massively thick hide, making it practically impervious to bullet wounds. They can also tear down walls without suffering any injuries. Most weapons are ineffective against them so be wary, their goal is to split you up from your teammates.

APEX - Apex is at the top of the hostile food chain. It sends waves of hostiles your way rather than attack you head-on. They can hurl blinding projectiles, which can only be countered by Finka and Doc. This opponent is a real test on your team's communication skills. To succeed you must eliminate the growing number of hostiles while hunting down the Apex.

RESORT - In Resort, you are dropped in the streets of Truth or Consequences for an insertion operation. You must breach an ageing resort heavily infested with hostile. According to our intel, the parasites are building a nursery. Foray into treacherous crevices and course through a kitsch décor crawling with hostile vacationers.

HOSPITAL - Hospital offers an elaborate hostage rescue operation, which is located deep in infested territory. The grim and narrow hallways set the stage for CQC tactics. The risk is worth it, though. The doctor trapped inside the hospital may be key to providing a cure.

JUNKYARD - The latest intel leads to a private property situated on the outskirts of Truth or Consequences. Junkyard offers an open outdoor setting with unique obstacles to keep you and your team vulnerable. Make a firm stand as waves of hostiles try to protect the heart of the infection.

PARA BELLUM
The land belongs to the Vinciguerra, a dangerous crime family known for their smuggling activities. The house is their retreat, where they lead a lavish lifestyle and collect rare art pieces. Now we catch the villa in a snapshot of time: Vinciguerras are burning documents and transporting their holdings before the big raid. But they've got wind of Operation Para Bellum and fled, leaving everything in disarray with vital information ready for the taking.

GRIM SKY

Joining Rainbow's Urban Tactical Response Team—codenamed Grim Sky (or GSUTR)—are Maverick from the United States, and Clash from Great Britain.

WIND BASTION

Joining Rainbow Six are two Operators associated with the GIGR (Groupe d'Intervention de La Gendarmerie Royale). They are Kaid, the stoic Commander, and Nomad, the world traveler.